Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

Jeep wave????

Old 02-22-2014, 01:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by groovebus
I always wave at all Wranglers during the day. I started to flash my fog lights at night to other Wranglers. I heard about others doing this and thought that would be the best night Jeep wave.
This is exactly what I do.

I feel like when you flash with your head lights, you are either warning the other person that something is wrong or you are telling them to turn off their high beams.

I don't think people around here interpret the same when flashing the fogs.
Old 02-22-2014, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think when a Jeep makes a gesture in the direction of another Jeep, it's done in acknowledgement of each others' presence.

- sent while my wife wasn't looking
Old 02-22-2014, 02:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wave and when I miss one I usually feel bad.
I got the fog flash a few weeks ago at night... Makes sense can't see the wave so I fog flash now too. Got to do your part'
Old 02-22-2014, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LordV8R
I would love it if the dealers would explain to people, if you buy this jeep you must wave at other jeeps....PERIOD! Lol. I wave at wranglers no matter the mod level. I hate when I wave at a modded jeep and they don't wave back.
I was actually educated on this when I was finalizing the paper work when i bought my jeep. the business manager told me all about the jeep lifestyles and educated me on the wave.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cjsmith4
This is exactly what I do. I feel like when you flash with your head lights, you are either warning the other person that something is wrong or you are telling them to turn off their high beams. I don't think people around here interpret the same when flashing the fogs.
thats a good idea but me have a psc bfh i have no fogs
Old 02-22-2014, 03:53 PM
JK Newbie

Couldn't be more stoked about the Jeep wave here on Long Island - but only amongst JK owners, mainly lifted and modded JK's and a few stockers for good measure. For some reason, lifted XJ owners... not so good at returning the wave.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a TJ before my JKU and I always wave to other wranglers, hacks me off when I don't get it back. I wouldn't flash my brights but the fog lights are a great idea I'll have to try. One thing I noticed about the wave where I'm at is that I almost NEVER get a wave back from Saharas, especially stock saharas. But I also live in a "daddy's money bought me this" kind of place.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:21 PM
JK Newbie

I'm new to the jeep family (14 wrangler unlimited sport) and I wave at all the wranglers I pass. I get a return wave about 40% of the time. It feels good to get a wave back. Kinda like seeing a family member passing by. Keep it up true jeepers! I'm happy to be a part of the club

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 06-02-2014, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dannyboy70448
I'm new to the jeep family (14 wrangler unlimited sport) and I wave at all the wranglers I pass. I get a return wave about 40% of the time. It feels good to get a wave back. Kinda like seeing a family member passing by. Keep it up true jeepers! I'm happy to be a part of the club

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Lol it makes me so mad when I see snooty college kids, or rude rich people not waving back.... it reminds me who real keepers are!
Old 06-06-2014, 07:48 PM
JK Newbie

I always wave, unless in mid-turn. Then I make eye contact and give a smile and a nod (sure that's safer). My wife gets mad cause I used to ride bikes, so I have the fellow-motorcycle wave. Then, she says i get the "black-guy wave" which I didn't know was a thing (but I do get a few of those). And now, the best of them all, the jeep wave. It used to bother me when people wouldn't wave, but for those than don't acknowledge I just say that I'm waving at the jeep and not the d-bag behind the wheel.

Funniest non-waver was sitting a a light as we were passing, I waved and he didn't see. Unfortunately for him, his girl saw and she smacked him in the back of the head....HARD and she waved

Quick Reply: Jeep wave????