Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

Jeep wave????

Old 01-27-2014, 09:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think that its a no wave at jk thing but rather with the success of the jk and jku it brought alot of none jeep lifestyle ppl. They don't know to wave cause their just doing what's cool
Old 01-27-2014, 09:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wave at every wrangler (only wranglers and sometimes modded cherokees) every time i see one. At night ill flash my fog lights (but not headlights) as an acknowledgment. If they look and we can see each other ill wave. If someone owns a wrangler and doesnt recognize another wrangler's lights, well then, Im hopefully raising awareness at least lol

Sent from my iPhone while thinking of my Jeep
Old 01-27-2014, 10:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Tooadvanced
I don't think that its a no wave at jk thing but rather with the success of the jk and jku it brought alot of none jeep lifestyle ppl. They don't know to wave cause their just doing what's cool
Well, I hope that's it. I'm just trying to break the "stereo-type" that soccer moms are the only women who drive JKUs, one wave at a time.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I also think Chrysler should do something to promote the "lifestyle"

I love the fog light idea. Unfortunately my bumper choice has me abandoning the fogs. I have tried using the headlights except with the tradition multiple flash I just doing one LOOOOONG flash. Hoping they will notice me yet not confuse with cops ahead.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:55 PM
JK Newbie

1. Yep, I always wave to other Jeeps.
2. No, don't flash them at night and haven't noticed anyone else around here doing the same.

I got my first Jeep, a YJ, back in 92 and picked up on "the wave" pretty quick. I sorta grew up in the sticks and folks would wave as you passed on the road anyway, no matter what you drove, so I picke dup on it pretty quick. I did learn from a friend that owns one that CJ people wouldn't wave to anyone except another CJ. I think he was only halfway kidding, lol. Well after 20 years, my old YJ finally gave out and after a two year hiatus, I just got a new JK and I decided I would count the number of wave-backs I got. I am currently 1-11. But hope springs eternal so I'll keep waving.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:27 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Chefbrujo
I wave at every wrangler (only wranglers and sometimes modded cherokees) every time i see one. At night ill flash my fog lights (but not headlights) as an acknowledgment. If they look and we can see each other ill wave. If someone owns a wrangler and doesnt recognize another wrangler's lights, well then, Im hopefully raising awareness at least lol

Sent from my iPhone while thinking of my Jeep
I flash JUST my factory fogs at night too! Nobody has ever returned the flash tho.... O though I was the only one lol

Sent from my obama monitoring device
Old 02-19-2014, 10:27 AM
JK Newbie

Default No Waves at the Beach

#1: Not many Jeepers in Myrtle Beach wave.
#2: No girls wave...I'm acknowledging that could be a completely unrelated problem.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:16 AM
JK Newbie

I always like to wave even when I'm not in my car. Habit I guess. Lol. Although I have to say that not many people in the Broward area wave back. I think there should be some type of training for new jeep owners.

Love the fog light flash at night.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:28 PM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jeep Wave Statistics

Upon our travels, Here is our findings: Jeep Wave Statistics
Old 02-22-2014, 01:28 PM
JK Newbie

I try to wave as often as I notice other Jeeps. I noticed when I first got my 07 right after the JK line hit the market I didn't get a lot of return waves. Now I get quite a few returns. Tho I will admit I am terrible at noticing other Jeeps on the road. I can't count the amount of times I've almost given myself whiplash turning to look as I pass a Jeep I didn't notice, therefore didn't wave to, as if I'm going to shout an apology to them.

I will admit I've been snubbed by a few TJ and YJ owners for driving a JK, and all I can think when it happens is this: "Yours is Mopar junk just like mine...so let it go"

Quick Reply: Jeep wave????