Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

anybody see this CB mount on eBay??

Old 01-14-2007, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody see this CB mount on eBay??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...68628394QQrdZ1

it's a bit steep for my wallet. i wonder who it is? the pics don't really show how it mounts. I think i will wait for the teraflex.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:40 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by mtnmedic
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...68628394QQrdZ1

it's a bit steep for my wallet. i wonder who it is? the pics don't really show how it mounts. I think i will wait for the teraflex.
Well, just now. Someone was pimping that mount on this site a couple of days ago. There is a mount inside of the license plate frame and a hole out the top that it sticks through.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Quadratec Rep

Default I think the kit includes a antenna & cable to

I looked at the kit and it includes a Antenna & cable with some fancy mini end for easier routing and a adapter to a regular CB end. Not sure how much that stuff cost by it self so I am not sure what the actual mount is. The antenna is a firestick which I believe is one of the best???
Old 01-14-2007, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

yeah, i saw that after my first post that it does come with a Firestick and cable...but i already have all that. Maybe, i'd use the new antenna wire, but nothing wrong with my Firestick.

i's like to see some closer pictures though first.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

He's pimping it over on the Jeep Forum too:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=361298
Old 01-18-2007, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

yeah, i thought 80 bucks was kinda steep. The firestik is like $20 and the wire and mount $60?
Old 01-18-2007, 09:43 PM
JK Freak

Just wanted to say that i've decided against getting a CB in this Jeep, i had one in my last jeep (TJ) and the guys i usually go wheeling with don't have CB's, we usually use 10 mile walkies, so for this jeep, i'm just going to buy a handheld CB... HOWEVER!!!, i really wish something like this had been available for my TJ. As it turns out, i had my CB antenna in 5 different places and went through a variety of antennas and cables until i came across a combo that actually worked. Mostly because i didnt have a clue about what i was doing when i intalled that CB... now that i know better, it wouldn't take me as many tries, but the fact is, is sure is convenient to get everything from one guy, the mount that looks so nice and clean... and i'm all about keeping that clean look, especially on my JK... the firestick antenna, and the cable. yeah i could save some bucks buying it all myself, but i don't think its too out of line... there's a price for convenience. If you know what you're doing and wanna buy it peice by peice, then so be it, but if not, then i say this is by far the cleanest, simplest way to mount an antenna i've seen on any jeep let alone a JK Well thats just my two cents.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can you take some pictures of what the mount looks like with out the plate covering it up? I like this system but I want to use a quick disconnect and I want to make sure there is enough room. Also take a picture of the small cable end.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

i havn't installed one yet but that one looks nice clean and strong enough. i will probably use it.

Quick Reply: anybody see this CB mount on eBay??