Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

First CB

Old 01-22-2013, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First CB

Help between the two

Uniden PRO510XL OR Cobra 19DXIV

And what antenna to get

The use of this CB will be for trails and maybe some road trips
Old 01-22-2013, 05:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the package from 4wheel parts
Its the cobra 19 coax cable antenna you need to buy the antenna mount and swr meter!
Old 01-22-2013, 05:40 PM
JK Junkie

I use mine for the same.....trail use and goofin' around here and there on the highway and whatnot.

I went with the Uniden. It's so compact, it sits right on top of my dash next to the the radio. It's as if the CB was designed to fit right in that exact spot. Also went with an old school whip-style antenna....didn't go for the fiberglass. Although the fiberglass ones are nice, and come with a tunable tip.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC
I use mine for the same.....trail use and goofin' around here and there on the highway and whatnot.

I went with the Uniden. It's so compact, it sits right on top of my dash next to the the radio. It's as if the CB was designed to fit right in that exact spot. Also went with an old school whip-style antenna....didn't go for the fiberglass. Although the fiberglass ones are nice, and come with a tunable tip.
Do you have any pictures? I'm thinking of putting it inside my center console but I would still like to see how yours looks
Old 01-22-2013, 05:51 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 2010jeepsport
Do you have any pictures? I'm thinking of putting it inside my center console but I would still like to see how yours looks
I don't live in nice warm weather like you over in California! I'm in Jersey and it's probably the coldest night out so far this winter, so I'm sorry - the pictures will have to wait. I'm not going outside! haha.... I will try and take them tomorrow if I remember. I know it's a matter of preference, but when you see where I have mine and the ease of literally just plopping it there and not having to make room in the center console, run and hide the wires, etc, you'll just end up putting it on the dash.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't live in nice warm weather like you over in California! I'm in Jersey and it's probably the coldest night out so far this winter, so I'm sorry - the pictures will have to wait. I'm not going outside! haha.... I will try and take them tomorrow if I remember. I know it's a matter of preference, but when you see where I have mine and the ease of literally just plopping it there and not having to make room in the center console, run and hide the wires, etc, you'll just end up putting it on the dash.
No worries lol... Yeah I just want to get an idea of the location. I kinda want to place it somewhere that it will be hidden in a big fan of making things look stock but a lot of hidden gadgets like a sleeper
Old 01-22-2013, 06:04 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 2010jeepsport
No worries lol... Yeah I just want to get an idea of the location. I kinda want to place it somewhere that it will be hidden in a big fan of making things look stock but a lot of hidden gadgets like a sleeper
Well, that's where the personal preference comes into play....

Assuming you saw this thread? https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-c...ing-cbs-13899/
Old 01-22-2013, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, that's where the personal preference comes into play....

Assuming you saw this thread? https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-c...ing-cbs-13899/
yeah i saw that... and ive seen a lot of pictures... but i guess at the end its like you said it comes down to personal preference.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:57 PM
JK Junkie

Here's some photos for you...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-317033508.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	413135   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1082896758.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	413137   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-559334412.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	413138  
Old 01-23-2013, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here's some photos for you...
Looks good... do you think the 520 is better than the 510? i mean are the 20-30 buck worth the difference?

Quick Reply: First CB