Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

U Connect

Old 11-08-2006, 09:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U Connect

Has anyone gotten a definite answer on when the U Connect feature will be available ? My dealer said " a couple of weeks" Sure would be nice for all the included features to function
Old 11-09-2006, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Enlightenment needed on U Connect please.

Tom
Bryson City, NC
Old 11-09-2006, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uconnect is supposed to be a bluetooth hands free system for your cell phone.

On other Jeep vehicles there is a microphone in the rear view mirror.

So when your cruising down the highway with your radio on and get an incoming call. The radio turns itself down and then you can answer the call and then talk normally. I'm not positive but I think your caller's voice is played over the speakers in the car.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:26 PM
JK Newbie

Uconnect is the handsfree option used with bluetooth phones. I spoke to my local dealrship and they call Chrysler. There is not a add on module at this time even though the radios have the button. Not sure on an ETA to be an add on.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:04 PM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks

Thanks for confirming what I've been told....... hope they come out with a module for it that works. It's a nice feature!
Old 11-13-2006, 10:54 PM
JK Newbie

Since the radio (REQ in my Rubi) is the same as in other DCX vehicles, is there any reason the module from those vehicles wouldn't work? From what I can see, there is no tie in to the PCM or anything. It appears to just function from the radio.

I know from my research there are two U-Connect systems available. One uses a small control box, similar to what an aftermarket kit woudl use. The other is integrated into the mirror (a la Commander). This would end up giving me redundant buttons, but also would give me back my electrochromatic mirror, front map lights, and compass/temp so I can use the dash for DTE. I haven't bit the bullet yet and ordered one, but I can't see how it would matter what vehicle it was actually working in.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:11 PM
JK Newbie

Default Stay Tuned

I was at my dealers today picking up some parts and my salesman told me the factory rep was coming there next week and said he'd call when he was coming so I could get the real answer U-Connect..... I'll let you all know what he has to say.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Packman
I was at my dealers today picking up some parts and my salesman told me the factory rep was coming there next week and said he'd call when he was coming so I could get the real answer U-Connect..... I'll let you all know what he has to say.
Any update yet?
Old 11-25-2006, 08:13 PM
JK Newbie

When I purchased mine last week. My dealer told me that they should be ready this coming week. I also asked if they were going to be another charge and he told me no. He said he would call me soon as they came in.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sniper
When I purchased mine last week. My dealer told me that they should be ready this coming week. I also asked if they were going to be another charge and he told me no. He said he would call me soon as they came in.
Could you add some more details please? What did you purchase? What is it you should be getting soon that will be free?

Quick Reply: U Connect