Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

$1000 dollars to spend ,Please help

Old 12-22-2015, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default $1000 dollars to spend ,Please help

I have a $1000 to spend and i was thinking of a spod and a 50-52" light bar,need to know if this is possible or will i have to just get one or the other?
I see there are light bars that are from 100 to 2k ,i seen a light bar with removable amber covers for the side floods can't remember where though, Really would like some thing like that for those really snowy days.
Plaese any help is appriaciated.. i really suck at electical, so the easier the better.
Thanks Shane
Old 12-22-2015, 12:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sodak
I have a $1000 to spend and i was thinking of a spod and a 50-52" light bar,need to know if this is possible or will i have to just get one or the other? I see there are light bars that are from 100 to 2k ,i seen a light bar with removable amber covers for the side floods can't remember where though, Really would like some thing like that for those really snowy days. Plaese any help is appriaciated.. i really suck at electical, so the easier the better. Thanks Shane
Umm...JMO....yes you can get a light bar & SPOD for the $1,000.00 you have. It will be a cheap lightbar. Most good ones start at $1,000.00. But,,, the last thing you want a 50" lightbar is for driving in the snow. You'll illuminate every snow flake falling. It will be blinding, irritating and literally make you nauseated.
Old 12-22-2015, 12:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

If I was spending 1000 dollars, I would go to rallylights, and order a set of hella super 7 headlight units, a pair of hella 55w/100w bulbs and a harness for that setup, then order a set of hella 500s, a good quality 55w HID kit for the 500s, and then some mount to mount the lights on the front. It will be miles better than a 50" led bar, and you will not be annoying yourself or other drivers with the new headlights and have a real upgrade.
Old 12-22-2015, 01:42 PM
JK Newbie

But,,, the last thing you want a 50" lightbar is for driving in the snow. You'll illuminate every snow flake falling. It will be blinding, irritating and literally make you nauseated.

Yep that part i do know ,Thats why i mentioned the one i saw with the amber covers. I can't seem to find that one anywhere,my problem for not wrighting down the addy. So i was hoping some one else might have seen it or anouther one worth checking out.
And if its at or over the my limmit i'll just wait for it, or buy it and put it on a shelf till i can get the spod.
Old 12-22-2015, 01:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kojack
If I was spending 1000 dollars, I would go to rallylights, and order a set of hella super 7 headlight units, a pair of hella 55w/100w bulbs and a harness for that setup, then order a set of hella 500s, a good quality 55w HID kit for the 500s, and then some mount to mount the lights on the front. It will be miles better than a 50" led bar, and you will not be annoying yourself or other drivers with the new headlights and have a real upgrade.
Wan't to do this when i upgrade my bumper. And i get a duel battery set up.
Old 12-22-2015, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

50" light bars are all show, no go. Spend your money on something that will get you further down the road, not cause noise and irritate other drivers.

If you want the show look then go for it.
Old 12-22-2015, 02:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Sodak
Wan't to do this when i upgrade my bumper. And i get a duel battery set up.
No need to get a dual battery setup for that light setup. Its what I have now. A cheap mount for the front bumper is easily available. I have the MBRP which I love the look of. I need to re powdercoat as it has 4 years of salt blast...180000 kms worth of it. and its showing its age. but it was less than 200 bucks, and looks great.
Old 12-22-2015, 02:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Just like you don't need an spod for a light bar lol
Old 12-22-2015, 03:20 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Take a trip. Go somewhere. Stop making excuses (if you are), load up the family (if it's more than you) and head out into the wilderness for the time if your life. Too many people are going to be laying on their death bed NOT saying, "Damn, I wish I'd spent that thousand dollars for a light bar on my Jeep!" No.Excuses.Just.Go.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Take a trip. Go somewhere. Stop making excuses (if you are), load up the family (if it's more than you) and head out into the wilderness for the time if your life. Too many people are going to be laying on their death bed NOT saying, "Damn, I wish I'd spent that thousand dollars for a light bar on my Jeep!" No.Excuses.Just.Go.
^ This x 2

Quick Reply: $1000 dollars to spend ,Please help