Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

$1000 dollars to spend ,Please help

Old 12-24-2015, 08:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
Beg to differ, as mentioned before my buddy has two rigid 20" and my 2 hella 500s with hid just puts out way more, and its great to have that even though I am not bombing baja or KOH....just back roads with lots of large wildlife I would rather see far off than in my cab. a pair of cubes are a joke actually.
My point wasn't that cubes are superior, rather that there are better things for a beginner to buy to make your vehicle more reliable than supplemental lighting. I do have cubes and they work fine for helping see the wadi's and whatnot when we are hauling ass across the desert at night. Never really felt the need for supplemental lighting in the mountains and forests as usually the roads are so windy the extra throw doesn't help. I actually hate the type of light LED's throw and have thought about switching over to KC's or Hella's for a more natural looking light. I suspect your forested roads must be a lot straighter than ours if you find that much lighting actually useful and if that's the case it is a lot like bombing thru the desert just with huge mobile obstacles to add to the fun.

Last edited by Rob 12B1P; 12-25-2015 at 07:00 AM.
Old 12-25-2015, 10:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob 12B1P
My point wasn't that cubes are superior, rather that there are better things for a beginner to buy to make your vehicle more reliable than supplemental lighting. I do have cubes and they work fine for helping see the wadi's and whatnot when we are hauling ass across the desert at night. Never really felt the need for supplemental lighting in the mountains and forests as usually the roads are so windy the extra throw doesn't help. I actually hate the type of light LED's throw and have thought about switching over to KC's or Hella's for a more natural looking light. I suspect your forested roads must be a lot straighter than ours if you find that much lighting actually useful and if that's the case it is a lot like bombing thru the desert just with huge mobile obstacles to add to the fun.
WE do have long straights and open....lots of barrens, cut overs and 4 lane highways...none of our highways are lit. unlike everywhere else in the world that has street lights on the main highways.

long distance lighting is needed here. Hitting a moose sucks, I know because I hit one before using bright lights. I would get the Hellas with 55w HID, you still get nice close up lighting but it goes a long way down the road too! much better than led on both ends actually....get 4300k color temp tho. or you will have the chit blue color of LEDS

Quick Reply: $1000 dollars to spend ,Please help