Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2011 Easy Bulb Replacement

Old 07-26-2012, 05:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=NEWWRANGLEROLDCJ7;2908747]Well I got the LED lights in, they took a bit of force to get in there, but they snapped into place, they are aimed down a bit probably because the housing is not a perfect fit, but they did snap into place and seem to be tight. I hope they hold up and stay in place.

The LED's look great!! Where did you get them? Was it plug and play or did you need anything else to make them work.

This is my first Jeep, just got it last week and I love it!!! The fogs and headlights are terrible. I was going to do an HID kit but this looks awesome nice job!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:29 AM
JK Freak

[QUOTE=ENZO-;3132997]
Originally Posted by NEWWRANGLEROLDCJ7
Well I got the LED lights in, they took a bit of force to get in there, but they snapped into place, they are aimed down a bit probably because the housing is not a perfect fit, but they did snap into place and seem to be tight. I hope they hold up and stay in place.

The LED's look great!! Where did you get them? Was it plug and play or did you need anything else to make them work.

This is my first Jeep, just got it last week and I love it!!! The fogs and headlights are terrible. I was going to do an HID kit but this looks awesome nice job!
I got em off e bay cheap, like way cheaper than the stealership.. I just typed in the model number that I forget now, but I will try to post a link
I had to dremmel and file a bit of the light housing on the bulb to make it fit, but when you take the orig and put it next to these ones you will see what tabs need to filed off. there was a thread on here where the guy was altering the housing on the jeep to accept these bulbs, I think thats a bad idea in case you ever want to go back to stock.
I also recall some guy making a great thread on how to file the bulb housing on the light down, I will try and post a link for it... these lights are cool, but the cops hate em. I got pulled over and the cop was like, only cop cars get blue lights so I shut em off and he told me to fuck off. lol... but they are cool and they work great.

link time... I love my Jeep too.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...ink-ok-221258/

here is lots of info, but I don't think altering the housing in the jeep is a good idea, when you can file down a $15 light instead of a $30000 Jeep.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...d-pics-180553/

here are the bulbs i bought off e bay, cheap

H16 Blue LED Bulbs 68-SMD Super Bright DRL Fog Lights | eBay

oh snap not as cheap as i thought. but still cool
Old 01-02-2013, 08:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Evo35
Ok, we all know that the 2011 JK Fog lights are crap. Well I was reading the forum one morning and read a post from CbtEngr about the yellow bulbs that he ordered for his 2011 fog lights. Long story short (ish), he got them in and installed them with some minor modification. So I wanted to order them also. I stumbled across the ones below which were a different brand than his, but, still the same size. I ordered them so we could meet to compare and see which was brighter and post the info here for ya'll to see. So, here goes.

Here are the ones I used
Attachment 243956

I took out the stock bulb on the right for a comparison.
Attachment 243957

The pins are the same. Around the rectangle, you can see little bumps or guides so, when you plug them in, they go in the right way. Well, the H16 bulb is almost a perfect fit except for one of the little bumps is moved over so it doesn't fit the plug in the JK.
Attachment 243958

So, I went to Harbor F and bought a cheapo "dremel tool" that came with some attachments. Cost like $8.
Attachment 243962

I decided to use something that looked like it was for de-burring stuff. It worked great.
Attachment 243961
do you by any chance know the part number for that putco fog lamp bulb?
Old 01-03-2013, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The bulbs I installed are PUTCO PURE Jet Yellow 3000K H16/9009 which are listed as GM Fog Lamp Bulbs #230001JY.

Quick Reply: 2011 Easy Bulb Replacement