Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

430N Replacement?

Old 10-05-2017, 09:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 430N Replacement?

Hi guys. Navigation is hanging up in the startup screen and it sounds like there's no solution for this other than replacing it. Problem is I really like the integration of the stock unit. Getting the turn by turn on dash by the speedo - etc.
Is there an aftermarket unit that will tie into this? I know I can get the steering wheel buttons to work - but what about the Bluetooth mic, and dash features?
Old 10-06-2017, 09:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In order not to start another similar thread I will jump into yours - hope that you don't mind.

I was looking at upgrading my radio with anothet stock unit that had mote functionality but with their costs beijg in the 300-400 range I am starting to look at the android units... I wonder what all everyone has and why do they like it or dislike it...
Old 10-13-2017, 09:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sea bass
Hi guys. Navigation is hanging up in the startup screen and it sounds like there's no solution for this other than replacing it. Problem is I really like the integration of the stock unit. Getting the turn by turn on dash by the speedo - etc.
Is there an aftermarket unit that will tie into this? I know I can get the steering wheel buttons to work - but what about the Bluetooth mic, and dash features?

I'm in the same boat as you. Based on the research I've done, it appears it's a hard drive issue, and only way to fix is to replace the radio. Mine is under warranty, so it will be replaced sometime soon. Good luck on finding a replacement radio.
Old 10-14-2017, 03:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I just replaced my head unit with a Pioneer and a Maestro interface. It uses the GPS on either Android or IOS. It works great. But with that said, I just put a similar Kenwood in my wife’s car and like the interface better. I’ll probably be removing my Pioneer soon and replacing it with a Kenwood just because it is a bit more intuitive to use.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's good to know - thanks for he feedback

Quick Reply: 430N Replacement?