Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

50" LED Light Bar - How Do You Mount It To Gobi Rack Or Windsheild Light Bar Mount?

Old 06-14-2013, 07:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50" LED Light Bar - How Do You Mount It To Gobi Rack Or Windsheild Light Bar Mount?

So I've searched the forum and have not been able to find this answer. Maybe it's out there and I missed it?

For those with a Gobi Rack or windshield mount light bar - how exactly does the 50" LED light bar mount to it? Do you need to buy special brackets? Does it come with the mounting brackets?

I see there are a lot of brackets for the light bar to mount for those who are not running a roof rack but that solution won't work for me.

Info and pics appreciated!
Old 06-14-2013, 09:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Try blitzpro or Baka designs for a tube mount maybe? The lights will come with end mounts or flat mounts I belueve
Old 06-14-2013, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I use Poison Spyders 50" light bar bracket. They come in steel and aluminum. I have the aluminum ones. Jeep Light Mounts | Jeep Fairlead Light Mounts |
Old 06-14-2013, 09:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

It may have been on the gobi sight i saw since im looking to purchase one, i saw it said something like ask us for custom fitting for rigid industries lighting and another brand.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:12 AM
Former Member

The Gobi piece is built for 40" light bars. Last time I spoke with them, that was the largest light bar that they could make fit. The standard one won't work due to the two bars that come between the mounts.

Pic courtesy of Trail Duty.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:23 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for all the help and advice!!
Old 06-17-2013, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Has anyone bought those cheap led 40-50" bars off eBay? Would like to know how good they are
Old 06-20-2013, 01:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Unforgivable
Has anyone bought those cheap led 40-50" bars off eBay? Would like to know how good they are
Lots of people, search for Cree led lights on here. Some of the best value purchase I've made for my jeep
Old 03-19-2014, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepAddOns-Chris
The Gobi piece is built for 40" light bars. Last time I spoke with them, that was the largest light bar that they could make fit. The standard one won't work due to the two bars that come between the mounts.

Pic courtesy of Trail Duty.

Curious when you run the lights down to your power system, how do you run them under the hood? I would like to tuck them and hide them, but can't figure out the best way. Thoughts?

Quick Reply: 50" LED Light Bar - How Do You Mount It To Gobi Rack Or Windsheild Light Bar Mount?