Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

After market fog lights... stock location

Old 03-09-2011, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default After market fog lights... stock location

I have searched the forum over and I have not been able to find a post that answers my question... if it's out there please throw a guy a bone...

I purchased a stock bumper from a fellow forum member to replace my Stock X bumper no tow hooks and no lights with one that has both tow hooks and a place for factory fog lights.

The bumper came without the brackets for the factory fog lights and I was looking to see if someone on here has experience putting after market lights in the factory holes without the factory mounting brackets. Just for clarification wiring isn't the issue here but the actual mounting of the lights to the bumper.

Other people have asked the question in some posts but I didn't see the answer so I'm hoping a post dedicated to the question will deliver me an answer.

Thanks,
Gary
Old 03-09-2011, 08:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by booberj
I have searched the forum over and I have not been able to find a post that answers my question... if it's out there please throw a guy a bone...

I purchased a stock bumper from a fellow forum member to replace my Stock X bumper no tow hooks and no lights with one that has both tow hooks and a place for factory fog lights.

The bumper came without the brackets for the factory fog lights and I was looking to see if someone on here has experience putting after market lights in the factory holes without the factory mounting brackets. Just for clarification wiring isn't the issue here but the actual mounting of the lights to the bumper.

Other people have asked the question in some posts but I didn't see the answer so I'm hoping a post dedicated to the question will deliver me an answer.

Thanks,
Gary
Someone else my chime in. But I believe that if you purchase the aftermarket replacement fixtures. That they come with the mounts. But if you just simply purchase a fixture with the same size and shape. You will have to fab a mount anyway.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Ford
Someone else my chime in. But I believe that if you purchase the aftermarket replacement fixtures. That they come with the mounts. But if you just simply purchase a fixture with the same size and shape. You will have to fab a mount anyway.
I was kind of afraid of that... when it comes to figuring out electrical and existing mechanical stuff it's a no brainer for me but I have no ingenuity... so designing a mount won't come easy
Old 03-09-2011, 08:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed! I replaced my factory fogs with amber fogs and the bracket is part of the foglight assembly. They attach to the bumper with 4 screws each. I can't say for sure, but if you bought a bumper with factory fog cut- outs, the mounting points should be there. Btw, the amber fogs I got came with all wires required if you didn't have factory wiring.

Last edited by Orangeav; 03-09-2011 at 08:39 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orangeav
Agreed! I replaced my factory fogs with amber fogs and the bracket is part of the foglight assembly. They attach to the bumper with 4 screws each. I can't say for sure, but if you bought a bumper with factory fog cut- outs, the mounting points should be there. Btw, the amber fogs I got came with all wires required if you didn't have factory wiring.
the mounting points are there but I don't have the factory brackets... I wasn't sure if the Pilot lights from Autozone would work with the factory mounting location, if they wouldn't work what other people are doing to mount them without the factory mounting brackets
Old 03-09-2011, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in the same situation. I ended up buying the factory lenses off of this forum for cheap and then getting the wiring pigtails off of eBay.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mopahls
I was in the same situation. I ended up buying the factory lenses off of this forum for cheap and then getting the wiring pigtails off of eBay.
trying to avoid the factory ones... they suck and don't want to buy them just for the brackets... I may end up having to do that
Old 03-14-2011, 06:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I installed the factory bumper with tow hooks and fog lights this weekend that I picked up from Urban Assault Vehicle... looks great

I manufactured some "L" brackets to hold the lights on from some flat stock and drilled holes and bent the metal to hold the light securely to the bumper.

I wished I would have taken my camera with me to my dads shop but didn't... sorry

Quick Reply: After market fog lights... stock location