Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Alarm Wiring

Old 02-07-2013, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Alarm Wiring

After a break-in, I decided that I need an alarm. I don't need anything crazy since I have a manual everything, so I picked up a Crimestopper SP-101 on Amazon for $33 (Can't beat that). The instructions are straight forward enough, but I'm looking to see if anyone that's done an alarm install knows the wiring for the JK. I know that all of them can be a little different, but any info would save me a lot of time with tracking down wires.

All that I am wiring is:

Parking lights
Dome light (for sensing door or tailgate being opened)
Horn switch(under the steering column)
Hood switch
Ignition sense.

There are a lot more options that can be installed, but this is all I need for my base model. I might put in a proximity sensor later.

Any info would be a huge help, and time saver, for when I do this install this weekend.

TIA

-Kevin
Old 02-07-2013, 08:30 PM
JK Newbie

I'll pull the wiring guide tomorrow morning when I'm at work. 2007, correct?

Nevermind, can log-in at home using my work info.

Parking Lights: WHITE/ORANGE(+) (Left) and WHITE/PURPLE(+) (Right) : Located in Passenger Kick Panel.
Dome Light: YELLOW/WHITE (+) : Located in Passenger Kick Panel.
Door Trigger: PURPLE (-) : Located in Driver Kick Panel.
Horn Switch: DARK GREEN/PURPLE (-) : Located at Horn Switch
Hood Switch: Run a hood pin.

Ignition Sense:? Do you mean Key Sense? You should only need this if you are doing a remote start. Also, what are some of the other options? This is what I do every day, and can give you some pointers/advice.

Last edited by Aideon; 02-07-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks! That'll be a huge help. I think the ignition sense is just supposed to be a "hot while on" wire to turn off the alarm.

There are options for windows, power locks, trunk release, and add-ons for proximity and glass break sensors. But I don't need any of these. I might add a proximity sensor later.

Thanks again!
Old 02-08-2013, 03:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Question for the expert?

Originally Posted by Aideon
This is what I do every day, and can give you some pointers/advice.
I was just wondering. You recommended tapping the horn circuit @ the switch. Since our Jeeps use a comm system for a lot / most of the dash controls, do you think that it is safe to recommend a tap in this location. Im just trying to get a feal of what systems are on the network. And what system are just simply discretes.

Thanks.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:28 AM
JK Freak

Parking Lights: WHITE/ORANGE(+) (Left) and WHITE/PURPLE(+) (Right) : Located in Passenger Kick Panel.

Ignition Sense:? Do you mean Key Sense? You should only need this if you are doing a remote start. Also, what are some of the other options? This is what I do every day, and can give you some pointers/advice.

i've been wondering about the easist way to install a simple kill switch? dont know any alarm/stereo guys that can help me?
Old 02-08-2013, 04:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rtguy1
i've been wondering about the easist way to install a simple kill switch? dont know any alarm/stereo guys that can help me?
You can purchase kill switches pretty cheap online. Simple install of a solenoid between the battery and the starter, with a switch located in the cab. I've never done it, but it looks pretty straight forward.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 4x4Play
Thanks! That'll be a huge help. I think the ignition sense is just supposed to be a "hot while on" wire to turn off the alarm.

There are options for windows, power locks, trunk release, and add-ons for proximity and glass break sensors. But I don't need any of these. I might add a proximity sensor later.

Thanks again!
Ignition: Pink/White (+) : ignition switch, black 5 pin plug, pin 3

As far as wiring at the horn switch, I tapped mine under the column, and have had no issues with it.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ignition: Pink/White (+) : ignition switch, black 5 pin plug, pin 3

As far as wiring at the horn switch, I tapped mine under the column, and have had no issues with it.
Thanks again. You just saved me a couple of hours worth of tracking down wires. Off work early for the weekend, so I think I'll start this now.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the info. It really made this a lot easier. I got everything installed and hooked up, except for connecting it to the horn. I'll do that this weekend. I started running out of daylight.

Quick Reply: Alarm Wiring