Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Clock Issues with MyGig Lockpick

Old 11-04-2013, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clock Issues with MyGig Lockpick

I installed the Freedom In Motion Lockpick v5 a few months ago in my 2008 JKU. I noticed my user clock was off by a few minutes, but didn't think too much of it and didn't bother to change it. Now with the daylight savings change, I have come to realize that my Nav/Radio is not allowing me to change the user time. I can get to the clock user screen, make changes to the minutes, hours, etc..., but when I click "Save" no actual change is made to the clock. I even tried setting it to one time zone further back to get it to the right time, but it won't allow that change to be made either. I have removed the fuse thinking this would help reset the clock, but no luck.

All other features seem to be working fine (cameras, nav, radio, HD...).

Any ideas?

Thx
Old 11-10-2013, 11:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uofawildcats
I installed the Freedom In Motion Lockpick v5 a few months ago in my 2008 JKU. I noticed my user clock was off by a few minutes, but didn't think too much of it and didn't bother to change it. Now with the daylight savings change, I have come to realize that my Nav/Radio is not allowing me to change the user time. I can get to the clock user screen, make changes to the minutes, hours, etc..., but when I click "Save" no actual change is made to the clock. I even tried setting it to one time zone further back to get it to the right time, but it won't allow that change to be made either. I have removed the fuse thinking this would help reset the clock, but no luck. All other features seem to be working fine (cameras, nav, radio, HD...). Any ideas? Thx
Check your dip switches, they could be set wrong, I had same problem
Old 11-10-2013, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 13Jeep
Check your dip switches, they could be set wrong, I had same problem
Nope. Dip switches all set correctly. I checked with the guys at Coastal and they want me to remove the radio and check the blue cable since my GPS time isn't working properly either.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:40 AM
JK Newbie

Same issue here. I also have the lockpick. I just replaced the gps antenna over the weekend too (the old one may have been damaged when I pulled on its cord in the install) but that did not make a difference. The time cannot be changed - User Time is ignored and the gps time does not update. The only way to set the time is to pull the fuse when the real time is 12:00.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cydnub
Same issue here. I also have the lockpick. I just replaced the gps antenna over the weekend too (the old one may have been damaged when I pulled on its cord in the install) but that did not make a difference. The time cannot be changed - User Time is ignored and the gps time does not update. The only way to set the time is to pull the fuse when the real time is 12:00.
I figured out a workaround as it is clear that the Lockpick is the problem. I determined this by pulling the radio, disconnecting the Lockpick and reconnecting the OEM cables (which allowed me to manually reset the User Clock to the correct time), and then I reconnected the Lockpick. Fortunately, the radio maintained the correct time even after reconnecting the Lockpick.

My GPS time doesn't seem to have any correlation to the actual time. It is off by something like 6.5 hours. Not sure why it is not working. I guess at this point I don't care so much about the GPS time since I was able to manually reset the time using the method I described. I just always use the User Clock instead of the GPS time.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GPS Time

did you set the time zone? that's how it adjusts GPS time.

although, since it knows where you ... are... it should know which time zone your in... lol.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
did you set the time zone? that's how it adjusts GPS time. although, since it knows where you ... are... it should know which time zone your in... lol.
Time zone is correct. The GPS time is off on both hour and minutes by about 6.5 hours, so it's not even close. Not sure why.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Time zone is correct. The GPS time is off on both hour and minutes by about 6.5 hours, so it's not even close. Not sure why.
It's been a few months now and the User Clock is off by about 5 minutes now. Would sure like to just use GPS time, but my GPS time is not even close to being correct. Anybody have any thoughts why my GPS clock would be off by so much? All other features besides the clocks are working fine.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:59 PM
JK Newbie

It's been a few months now and the User Clock is off by about 5 minutes now. Would sure like to just use GPS time, but my GPS time is not even close to being correct. Anybody have any thoughts why my GPS clock would be off by so much? All other features besides the clocks are working fine.
Check your dip switches, I found mine off just slightly, I reset them , works perfect now
Old 02-02-2014, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 13Jeep
Check your dip switches, I found mine off just slightly, I reset them , works perfect now
Thanks for the good suggestion. Unfortunately, the dip switches are all set correctly so that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Quick Reply: Clock Issues with MyGig Lockpick