Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Cool Headlights

Old 05-21-2007, 07:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lightning
got it, Thanks !... and they reference here:

Great find! I just installed the purejeep front winch bumper and I lost my fogs. I want to relocate small lights in the same hole as the turn signals but I didn't know what I was going to do for turn signals. I DO NOW!!!

Last edited by JackMac4; 06-01-2008 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:24 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CLACKEY(_!_)
Great find! I just installed the purejeep front winch bumper and I lost my fogs. I want to relocate small lights in the same hole as the turn signals but I didn't know what I was going to do for turn signals. I DO NOW!!!
That is a hell of an idea. I never thought about relocating the fogs to the turn pods. Now you got me thinking...
Old 05-21-2007, 08:45 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
That is a hell of an idea. I never thought about relocating the fogs to the turn pods. Now you got me thinking...

The factory fogs will not fit. I have searched the web and I did find some that will.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a good idea. Too bad I've already cut holes in my bumper for fogs.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:57 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
That is a good idea. Too bad I've already cut holes in my bumper for fogs.
Looks good though. I was looking at the pure jeep and I could mount them at the ends. Maybe......
Old 05-21-2007, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm definitely putting these lights in; does anyone know if they will plug into the factory headlight wires or will i need to rewire them? and also, do i need to get an led flasher or can i just wire the factory flasher wires to the leds? If you already have holes in your bumper for fogs just use the holes for air horns or cai intake tubes
Old 05-21-2007, 10:20 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MoombaMR20
I'm definitely putting these lights in; does anyone know if they will plug into the factory headlight wires or will i need to rewire them? and also, do i need to get an led flasher or can i just wire the factory flasher wires to the leds? If you already have holes in your bumper for fogs just use the holes for air horns or cai intake tubes
Well, it uses an H4 bulb, so the socket on the JK is different. I would imagine you would have to do a alittle rewiring with the headlight to put and H4 socket on the factory wiring harness and slicing in the LED turns to the factory turn signal wires.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love the look... but... I too think they would be difficult to see by oncoming traffic at night. Weather or not someone looks at my turn signals, they are supposed to. Right now it may not seem like that big of deal. But when you get in an accident because someone didn't see you signal you could be found at fault. All they have to say is that you didn't signal. Even if you did signal, the other driver may not honestly see it. Even if you stated you did signal, how is it the other persons fault for not seeing your itty bitty aftermarket signals? Sorry this kinda turned into a long ramble.

opinions?

Ty
Old 05-21-2007, 12:19 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TSmith0820
I love the look... but... I too think they would be difficult to see by oncoming traffic at night. Weather or not someone looks at my turn signals, they are supposed to. Right now it may not seem like that big of deal. But when you get in an accident because someone didn't see you signal you could be found at fault. All they have to say is that you didn't signal. Even if you did signal, the other driver may not honestly see it. Even if you stated you did signal, how is it the other persons fault for not seeing your itty bitty aftermarket signals? Sorry this kinda turned into a long ramble.

opinions?

Ty

MY opinion is that if someone sees it or not, they will still be at fault. Someone could "claim" that they didn't see the factory signal. Guess what, the officer should right it up as he sees it, not by the people involved trying to blame each other. I don't see why some think that it would be so hard to see. As I stated in an earlier post, many other vehicles have the headlights and turn signals in the same housing. This isn't something that unusual. Add these with the fender flasher mod (if you're worried about visibility) and i think you're good to go.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like those head lights I been looking for them. So are they going to be produced?

Quick Reply: Cool Headlights