Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Cool Headlights

Old 05-21-2007, 01:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wranger X
I like those head lights I been looking for them. So are they going to be produced?
Uh, did you read the entire thread? They are made by Chevy's of the 40s. There is a link in the thread. They cost $180 for the pair, require an LED flasher, and some other modifications.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:29 AM
JK Junkie

Alright, so I borrowed another member's idea and lights, (Thanks Clackey!) and installed fog lights in place of the turn signals, quick and simple, just some trimming in the turn signal hole (it could still have the turn signals reinstalled) and here they are. My orignal plan was to use the headlights listed at the beginning of this thread, but I had a brain fart and ordered an HID kit for my OE headlights, so I'm getting the Gen Right Turn LED and I'm going to place them in the spot between the Headlights and foglights. The markers in the pic now, were my temporary fix.

I'll add some night shots later and see if I can get a pattern shot in.

I plan on having something similar to this.

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 04-04-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to see the turn indicat0rs meshed into the mirror housing, like it is on alot of other modern vehicles. hrrm.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
Alright, so I borrowed another member's idea and lights, (Thanks Clackey!) and installed fog lights in place of the turn signals, quick and simple, just some trimming in the turn signal hole (it could still have the turn signals reinstalled) and here they are. My orignal plan was to use the headlights listed at the beginning of this thread, but I had a brain fart and ordered an HID kit for my OE headlights, so I'm getting the Gen Right Turn LED and I'm going to place them in the spot between the Headlights and foglights. The markers in the pic now, were my temporary fix.

I'll add some night shots later and see if I can get a pattern shot in.

I plan on having something similar to this.

cool job, think the blinkers you are proposing should be a tad bigger, that and being LED of course would suffice in being visible. I'd love to come up with something that looked factory in the way of RV mirror turn signals like some of the trucks have.

I like the headlights you have, have a url with your setup?
Old 04-04-2008, 10:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by lightning
got it, Thanks !... and they reference here:

I don't like the look, like someone pissed inside your light and it's just sitting there in the bottom of the damn thing.

Last edited by JackMac4; 06-01-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:39 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
cool job, think the blinkers you are proposing should be a tad bigger, that and being LED of course would suffice in being visible. I'd love to come up with something that looked factory in the way of RV mirror turn signals like some of the trucks have.

I like the headlights you have, have a url with your setup?
Yeah, the pic was a mock up of about how big I think the LED's will be compered to the other lights. Yes, they are tiny, but DOT legal. I can't find much else that will work in n that location though.

Originally Posted by mmcan
I don't like the look, like someone pissed inside your light and it's just sitting there in the bottom of the damn thing.
I like them, but to each his own.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up I am doing it!

I happen to like the piss look. So I am going to do this. Should have most of the parts to do it with since I can't stand those terrible Delta Hyper White XENON replacement headlights.

Keep ya'll posted on when they come in and how I installed.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Blkrubi, Clackey.... what fog lights got used in the turn signal housing? How much were they?
Old 04-04-2008, 02:02 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by csorensen
Blkrubi, Clackey.... what fog lights got used in the turn signal housing? How much were they?

I was doing some checking and some of the Liberty's had fog lights in the grill. I think they would fit, but I couldn't figure out exactly which Liberty it was that had those and PM'd Clackey about what he had found. I got mine from him (Thanks again Clackey) and they fit a Toyota Prius......so I guess that you could say I went green.

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 04-04-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
MY opinion is that if someone sees it or not, they will still be at fault. Someone could "claim" that they didn't see the factory signal. Guess what, the officer should right it up as he sees it, not by the people involved trying to blame each other. I don't see why some think that it would be so hard to see. As I stated in an earlier post, many other vehicles have the headlights and turn signals in the same housing. This isn't something that unusual. Add these with the fender flasher mod (if you're worried about visibility) and i think you're good to go.
Actually, that will depend on the situation and whether or not anyone survives the head on collision. What about lane changes in multi-lane roads and streets? Those alone could be tough in a rear view with the lights and the "night mirror" engaged.

As far as how an accident is written up, the officer is usually not their to see so how the hell his he or she going to write it up as they see it? Plus, if there are severe injuries or death, a major investigation is conducted.

I don't see these as a problem as far as the "bling" factor goes but shouldn't be the only signals and running lights on there.

Quick Reply: Cool Headlights