Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

daytime running lights?

Old 02-15-2012, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default daytime running lights?

Id like to have my fog lights come on as daytime running lights. Is the only way to do this is using a AEV ProCal module or can the dealer do it for me? I dont want my headlights to do it, since Il be switching to a relay harness soon.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ylojelo
Id like to have my fog lights come on as daytime running lights. Is the only way to do this is using a AEV ProCal module or can the dealer do it for me? I dont want my headlights to do it, since Il be switching to a relay harness soon.
I have a 2010 JKU and used the procal to perform the day time running lamps - fog lights on feature... Good little device to have handy.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mmcc

I have a 2010 JKU and used the procal to perform the day time running lamps - fog lights on feature... Good little device to have handy.
Does using a Procal void the warranty?
Old 02-15-2012, 07:30 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by B.S.
Shouldn't be a factor, as you should return everything back to stock before each visit to the dealer.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can the dealer do that? $150 for the Procal just to turn my fog lights on is expensive.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ylojelo
Can the dealer do that? $150 for the Procal just to turn my fog lights on is expensive.
No, the dealer can't do it. The ones near the Canadian border can turn on the headlights for DRL since it is a requirement in Canada, but since the fogs aren't approved as a DRL there, they can't adjust them to be used as a DRL.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by B.S.

After $14,000 in mods my warranty is null and void... I handle all my own mechanic work on my jeep - only way I trust the outcome and reliability.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the vision x led fog lights. Since the led use a lot less power I just tapped into my running lights so now the fog lights come on with the running lights & stay on with the high beams
Old 01-25-2019, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Default Canadian DRL

Can anyone here verify if they have had any success disabling DRL on a 2017 Sahara that was made in Canada with the Procal or the Flashcal devices? I purchased the Jeep in the U.S. I brought my jeep to the dealer and they plugged in their device into my jeep but were unable to turn them off. Canada requires you have them on. The reason Im looking to do this is because of the flicker I get with my new LED Headlights. They work perfect except for Daytime when its in gear. So if anyone has successfully disabled them in a Canadian Jeep with either of these two devices please let me know. Thank you.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:54 PM
JK Newbie

Buy the AppCar software and an OBD adapter. Less than $75 for both and it does a bunch of things beside various DRL options.

Quick Reply: daytime running lights?