Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Does our Radio have RCA Jacks in the back for a System?

Old 05-25-2010, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does our Radio have RCA Jacks in the back for a System?

I have the stock radio, and am considering hooking up two free 10 inch subs in the back. I'm wondering if our stock head unit has the RCA Jacks in the back, or if i'd have to buy the adapter? I would assume it did since you can get a sub stock in it, but i'm not sure
Old 05-25-2010, 08:22 PM
JK Newbie

nope you need an adapter
Old 05-25-2010, 08:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bennny
I have the stock radio, and am considering hooking up two free 10 inch subs in the back. I'm wondering if our stock head unit has the RCA Jacks in the back, or if i'd have to buy the adapter? I would assume it did since you can get a sub stock in it, but i'm not sure
Nope but quadratec now sells a wire harness for most of the radios they sell so no splicing of the stock wires. Get an aftermarket radio id say.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dang, well can anyone tell me what size the speakers are in the door and sound bar? I assume theres only four speakers total in the jeep (aside from the two tweeters). I'm going to go ahead and sell these subs and just upgrade the door speakers and the ones in the sound bar
Old 05-26-2010, 02:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

they are both 6 3/4 round
Old 05-26-2010, 07:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And there are not any speakers in the door. They are in the dash. And the driver side one is a royal pain to remove.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stuka
And there are not any speakers in the door. They are in the dash. And the driver side one is a royal pain to remove.
Yea, thats what I meant...just didn't want to confuse any of the more simple thinkers on here haha
Old 05-28-2010, 07:20 AM
JK Freak

my radio has rcas in the rear ... but i also have an aftermarket pioneer double din

just spend the money on an aftermarket unit and make it easier on yourself
Old 05-30-2010, 11:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rich e dee
my radio has rcas in the rear ... but i also have an aftermarket pioneer double din

just spend the money on an aftermarket unit and make it easier on yourself
x2 i had to install a LOC to get RCA out puts in my Titan because I did not want to replace the massive stock radio. Its a pain....I wish the factory radios just had RCA hook ups so we could keep or interiors looking clean. The factory radios are choosen by who ever bids the lowest so of course to keep cost down they leave stuff like that out. Id switch it with a new head unit. you will get lots more power (watts) to your front speakers also.

Quick Reply: Does our Radio have RCA Jacks in the back for a System?