Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

ESP BAS warning Light

Old 01-13-2008, 02:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine does the same as the first orignal post. It's good to know about the f7 fuse
Old 01-08-2010, 02:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LordEgg
A fix for this that came from My Girlfriend.

My girlfriend has a little mercedes kompressor that would do stuff similar to this and when my JK unlimited did it, she said go out (and this works) to the jeep, turn it on, turn wheels all the way left, then all the way right, then turn off. then turn on and drive. upon shifting to second it will go off. I swear to GOD it worked. I was floored.
Unbelievably, this actually worked for mine as well!!!!

Thanks
Old 03-14-2011, 08:12 AM
JK Newbie

I have had the same problem for awhile. Light is on but I am not getting any codes. I was told by the dealership that it is the right/rear speed sensor. Hope that helps
Old 03-15-2011, 05:25 PM
JK Newbie

turn it on, turn wheels all the way left, then all the way right, then turn off. then turn on and drive. upon shifting to second it will go off. .
Light came on last night on the way home, tried exactly that and worked. lights off
Old 04-09-2011, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

My girlfriend has a little mercedes kompressor that would do stuff similar to this and when my JK unlimited did it, she said go out (and this works) to the jeep, turn it on, turn wheels all the way left, then all the way right, then turn off. then turn on and drive. upon shifting to second it will go off. I swear to GOD it worked. I was floored.

Same lights came on for me when driving home from the trail and I tried this. It works!
Old 11-07-2011, 09:16 PM
JK Newbie

Default that will trick just save me 100 dollar bill

I tried it and it worked the first time thanks
Old 11-27-2011, 02:54 PM
JK Newbie

THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES!! I wacked a rock with the right front tire yesterday and the esp/bas lights came on. Spent the afternoon checking the front for damage but found none. Checked the toe in and it was perfect. Recentered the wheel by adjusting the drag link and drove it but the lights stayed on. Used my Procal module to center the steering wheel but the lights still stayed on after another 10 mile test drive. Finally found your solution and tried it. Following the procedure and the lights went out after 1/4 mile drive. It worked for me, saved me a trip to the dealer and probably many $$. Thanks for the post.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:55 PM
JK Freak

Mine did this as well turning into a gas station took to dealer it came up with bad clock spring put new one in and now has been good for 2 months. He said this is in the steering colum and only held on by black electrical tape it can come loose and cause the steering to think its not straight.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

This worked for me, too!!! I was glad to not have to make a trip to the dealer.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

This worked.... AMAZING!!! Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply: ESP BAS warning Light