Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Help! No Brake Lights, All other lights working

Old 05-03-2015, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would take it ack to the shop. If it didn't do this before you took it in, it's probably something they messed up when they were putting it back together.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:06 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Skotler75
I don't have a trailer tow harness, and the brakes behave the same with the ignition on or off. I'm stumped. No clue where to go from here.
In my post that you quoted, I suggested you check the sockets for ground connections. Did you do that? If not, I don't understand why you would think "No clue where to go from here". If you did, what were the results?
Old 05-05-2015, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW. Cannot believe my lights finally are working. All because of my superchips flashcal. I got a chance to update the system and plugged it back into the jeep. Brake lights work and now my one touch lane change is working again!

Thanks to everyone who helped out!
Old 05-06-2015, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey thats great! I tried many different ways and couldn't dup the problem. I am glad you found it, now we know to check chips too...
Old 10-24-2021, 12:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys!

I was reading your posts from nearly a year, but now I want to say „hello” to everyone and ask for help

My problem

No stop lights – left, rihgt and 3rd. I don’t know if they worked before my work with headlights… the same behaviour with ignition ON/OFF.

B16B1 Left stop lamp control circuit high
B16B5 Right stop lamp control circuit high

I tried to reset ECU via Jscan but no results.

There are stock canadian tail lamps with stock bulbs. I need to change for european LED so need to know what each cable is for.

What I checked already:
  • M1 fuse – fuse was ok, but M1 should be hot all the time and wasn’t. Disconnected all connectors in fuse box and it helped, now I have a power in M1. There is a problem with my connectors – M1 was an example, but OBD was out of power, M3 was ok so i corrected all connectors once again and for now it’s ok.
  • Trailer tow wire harness – disconnected
  • Brake Switch – checked and I think it’s faulty. With a plunger off there is continuity between first two pins and no continuity between last two pins. Witn a plunger depressed no continuity at all. I think it shouldn’t work like this.
  • Brake switch instalation – 12v on 1, 4 and 6 PIN.
  • Connections in fuse box, brake switch – ok
  • Both grounds on left side of steering whell - ok

Other things could be relayted:

battery is weak, now it’s charging, but was arround 11-12V

installed LED headlights (4 erros but high and low beams are working)

I ordered new OEM brake switch – time to ship to polish shop… 3-4 weeks…

What else can I verify for now? Does anyone know i which way pins in brake swich should be connected when pedal is depressed? I want to simulate depressed pedal to find a signal. How can I check wiring? Which cable of PIN in this red connector is for brake lights? How to verify ground in tail lamps? I can’t see any ground in this lamp’s gap.

Quick Reply: Help! No Brake Lights, All other lights working