Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Help! Very bad truck lite led flicker with video

Old 06-21-2012, 01:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help! Very bad truck lite led flicker with video

Ok so I just installed my new Truck-Lite LED headlights and I get a very bad flicker when the daytime running lights are on. There is little to no flicker at all when on low or high beam. I bought the lights from northridge with the right harness adapters and followed the write up on project-jk.com. Can someone help me on how to fix this issue? I will get a better video when it gets dark out. Also should I try leaving them on longer? maybe the computer doesn't know what is happening? Don't want to wreck my brand new lights.

video:
Jeep jk truck lite flicker - YouTube

UPDATE
New video in better quality at dusk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kakPjta8_Tc&feature=plcp

Last edited by JacksonH; 06-21-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

either disable the DRL's or you're gonna have to get the SMS ralley harness which will run you about another $130 and that will eliminate all flicker from the lights and also give them full power directly from the battery. I had this problem too and wound up getting the harness, no problems whatsoever after I installed it. I can't link you to the product since they're not a sponsor but here.

h ttp://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=4887

give them a call and they'll get you squared away with whatever option you choose to do, really good guys over there.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:43 PM
JK Newbie

I had very slight flicker issue, and I found capacitor works for me. This is the link which I tried, https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...-ideas-233873/
But your flicker is heavy, I don't know how its happend. maybe capacitor would work.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0652.jpg
Views:	3050
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	332187

Last edited by yuanhui; 06-21-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:49 PM
JK Newbie

In Canada a AEV Procal is your best option to move the DRL to the signals or fog lights. Im in NB and this is what I am going to do. Do you have any flicker on high or low beam. My dad and brother put those lights in their Harley's the other day and they perform and look incredible.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:07 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by yuanhui
I had very slight flicker issue, and I found capacitor works for me. This is the link which I tried, https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...-ideas-233873/
But your flicker is heavy, I don't know how its happend. maybe capacitor would work.Attachment 332187
This is such a good idea too, I did this when I had flicker from my Rigid dually's in the stock fog spot using the stock switch and it cleared the flicker up right away. I wasn't sure about the headlight's though since they draw more current but you're proof that it works. Good Stuff.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:11 PM
JK Newbie

Do you guys think it is ok for the lights to flicker like this till I get some capacitors or wiring harness?
Old 06-21-2012, 04:54 PM
JK Junkie

yea it's not gonna harm them at all, I asked this about my Rigids and these. Short term not bad long term it could shorten the life of the LED's.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:29 PM
JK Newbie

I bought 2 canceler capacitors off ebay for $25, hope this fixes it.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:11 PM
JK Newbie

You will need to put them on the high beam side to help with the drl flicker.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:05 AM
JK Newbie

Do you have any update on this issue?

Quick Reply: Help! Very bad truck lite led flicker with video