Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

interior lighting help?

Old 05-11-2011, 12:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior lighting help?

ok just like the title says. i have had a hard time with my interior lighting dimmer. it used to work occasionally but now i cant turn it off or all the way on with my interior dome lights. does anyone know if this would be covered under warentee or how much it would cost to be fixxed and how hard is it to do this?
Old 09-27-2011, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SIDsjeep
ok just like the title says. i have had a hard time with my interior lighting dimmer. it used to work occasionally but now i cant turn it off or all the way on with my interior dome lights. does anyone know if this would be covered under warentee or how much it would cost to be fixxed and how hard is it to do this?
Any update on this... my dimmer switch does nothing. Used to work fine, then intermittent, now nothing. The turn signal works fine, the parking/fog/headlights part of the switch works fine, but when I roll the dimmer it doesn't dim anything and I can't twist it to turn on the dome lights. They only come on when I open the doors.

Any ideas, or did you get a fix for this?
Old 09-27-2011, 12:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RGJKU
Any update on this... my dimmer switch does nothing. Used to work fine, then intermittent, now nothing. The turn signal works fine, the parking/fog/headlights part of the switch works fine, but when I roll the dimmer it doesn't dim anything and I can't twist it to turn on the dome lights. They only come on when I open the doors.

Any ideas, or did you get a fix for this?
this sounds like the same problem i had, i told the stealership about it and told them it was BS and they said good thing i came in then. the warentee ran out at 36000 and i had 34000 so they replaced it and called me lucky. they replaced the whole stock. hope t helps and your still covered under warentee

Quick Reply: interior lighting help?