Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

iPad 2 in 2011 or 12

Old 08-29-2011, 09:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
What is the point of putting an Ipad in a Jeep? Simply trying to prove to people how much disposable income you have?
Yup. Thats exactly the reason I want a mount for mine. Not for the functions or anything.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whiterave
IPad 3 coming out in the spring 12'
Hopefully it will be an improvement from the iPad2. The changes from the 1 to the 2 were not that great. Only major difference was the camera. I dont need an ipad to take pictures, just too large. Phone works great. Apple products are over hyped. They are good but there is no reason to buy the newest one all the time, the improvements are just not there.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by arasco85
Yup. Thats exactly the reason I want a mount for mine. Not for the functions or anything.
I am actually being serious. Why? Is it just to show off? (nothing wrong with that, it is your money) I have seen several car shows with Ipads mounted in them. It would be fun for passenger to play games but other than that, seems pointless to me and would just attract alot of unwanted attention. It would be a pain to take down and lock away everytime you park anywhere. If you use the stock Ipod connection, then you cant even control the music through the ipad/ipod either.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am actually being serious. Why? Is it just to show off? (nothing wrong with that, it is your money) I have seen several car shows with Ipads mounted in them. It would be fun for passenger to play games but other than that, seems pointless to me and would just attract alot of unwanted attention. It would be a pain to take down and lock away everytime you park anywhere. If you use the stock Ipod connection, then you cant even control the music through the ipad/ipod either.
Check out this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tczodt4FosY You can wire this through your stock sound system and run Pandora, GPS/Nav, Ipod, YouTube, etc.

I'd much rather have this set-up than the $2K+ OEM Navi
Old 08-29-2011, 05:20 PM
JK Freak

Cool. So, wonder how it routes through the stereo with the head unit now gone??? Anyone seen the install?
Old 08-29-2011, 05:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bubbacon
Cool. So, wonder how it routes through the stereo with the head unit now gone??? Anyone seen the install?
I believe its installed over the stock head unit.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:22 PM
JK Super Freak

There is videos on YouTube on this is a product made by cop4x4 that goes over ur stock radio plugs into the aux and holds the iPad looking to do this also would be sweet ... gives a whole new meaning to handsfree when u got facetime haha
Old 08-30-2011, 01:49 AM
JK Newbie

The OP is asking about an install in a new style interior ( 2011-2012) everything i have sceen suggested so far i in the 2007-2010 interiors
Old 08-30-2011, 02:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the point of putting an Ipad in a Jeep? Simply trying to prove to people how much disposable income you have?
Really what is the point of this?
Old 08-30-2011, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

There are some great uses for "computers" in vehicles. Think outside the box all you haters. I don't have a need for my iPad on my dash, but I can see where some people would get a lot of use out of it.

1. Trail ride POV video recording.
2. streaming audio/video
3. navigation
4. video calling (3G or tethered to cellphone for data)
5. Redlight camera notifications
6. a Big "Clineometer"

sure you can do all this on a small screen (iPhone), but we all know bigger is better.

I personally just plug my iPhone into the Mygig (Uconnect) to mirror the iPhone screen on the Nav screen (Using NavTV interface and a Jailbroken iPhone running TVoutTuner). simple....

Quick Reply: iPad 2 in 2011 or 12