Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGIG v9.807 RER/REW/REP Software update

Old 08-26-2008, 03:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamooche
Oh, thanks...I though that was the latest posted on the site.
There is a reason it's not posted there.
It's a BETA release.
That means they want some help making sure it's bug free. Once HB releases an "official" release futil will post it over there.
In the meantime, if you didn't get added to the beta list when Chrysler was allowing it, there isn't much you can do now.
They might add some more people eventually, but no telling.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:22 PM
JK Newbie

Got the v9.807 two days ago from HB...with the previous update, I read about it for *days* before finally deciding to install it. I was so happy with that one (and truly trust HB) that I went ahead yesterday and installed the v9.807 without reading a thing on it here on the forum...well...whammo I finish, go to my HDD and...music..."gone!" I figured it was a small price to pay for the newest version. Finally got to read this thread and the post about the same issue....so, I went back to the HDD...let it sit for about 10 min max, tried again and...shazam!!! Entire HDD of tunes are there, intact and great as ever! So....happy to report all is well! Will report back on the UConnect soon!
Old 08-26-2008, 08:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK thats great news! 2 identical confirmations definitely make me feel a lot better! So far HB has never let me down yet. I can say with every update I have done something has been improved in one shape or another.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DrJeepStr
Got the v9.807 two days ago from HB...with the previous update, I read about it for *days* before finally deciding to install it. I was so happy with that one (and truly trust HB) that I went ahead yesterday and installed the v9.807 without reading a thing on it here on the forum...well...whammo I finish, go to my HDD and...music..."gone!" I figured it was a small price to pay for the newest version. Finally got to read this thread and the post about the same issue....so, I went back to the HDD...let it sit for about 10 min max, tried again and...shazam!!! Entire HDD of tunes are there, intact and great as ever! So....happy to report all is well! Will report back on the UConnect soon!
Installed mine two nights ago and so far my music is still AWOL (but it seems that the hard drive space still shows as occupied?) ... and the "jukebox" button is gone as well.
Also, it now brings over my address book from my Blackberry phone, but the speeddial phone numbers I saved in the myGig appear to be gone.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cmcginnes
Installed mine two nights ago and so far my music is still AWOL (but it seems that the hard drive space still shows as occupied?) ... and the "jukebox" button is gone as well.
Also, it now brings over my address book from my Blackberry phone, but the speeddial phone numbers I saved in the myGig appear to be gone.
i thought my music was gone too. press media button so that HDD displays on screen. select Browse button at lower right on screen. select any of the choices. then select the new "A-Z" button on the left side of the screen. a keyboard displays. select a first letter of what you want to listen to. also after you click on browse you should see at the bottom right the Favorites button which is where the jukebox music went.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Got an e-mail from HB (unsolicited) this morning, following up with the disc mailing, that said the radio needs to run uninterrupted for about 30 minutes to fully recalibrate. Let mine run, and my music is back. I still don't have a jukebox button though, not that it is a big deal. Everything seems to work well so far -- but the "long ignition cycle" (their term) seems to be an important piece of information.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got an e-mail from HB (unsolicited) this morning, following up with the disc mailing, that said the radio needs to run uninterrupted for about 30 minutes to fully recalibrate. Let mine run, and my music is back. I still don't have a jukebox button though, not that it is a big deal. Everything seems to work well so far -- but the "long ignition cycle" (their term) seems to be an important piece of information.
thats one of the updates below

Moved JB (Juke Box) tab to FAVORITES under HDD
Old 08-27-2008, 04:11 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you all for keep updated on this new release -- I am chomping at the bit for this address book function
Old 08-27-2008, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whpony96
• Major Bug fixes
Any further details on what bugs are fixed?
Old 08-27-2008, 09:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Spank
Any further details on what bugs are fixed?

the hard drive corruption bug was/is fixed.......hopefully. .713 was supposed to fix it and so was .715. time will tell.

Quick Reply: MyGIG v9.807 RER/REW/REP Software update