Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGIG v9.807 RER/REW/REP Software update

Old 09-01-2008, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whpony96
This is a Beta!

I have Installed it and it's Nice!

Important Note! If you install this after the install is complete you must shut off your Jeep and leave it off for 30min for the install to complete.

If you don't the Sat will say "No Component installed\found" and All of your Music will be missing. It will all come back and the SAT will work properly after the 30 min.
Actually, you need to let it run uninterrupted for 30 minutes.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did that....(and that is what I was told by H.B. as well.)

I started it on out 3 hour trip up in the mountains. And it was uninterrupted for 2.5 hours and everything came back but the Serious SIRIUS SAT it would just say "no module found" once I shut it off when when we arrived to the campground and came back 30 min later everything worked fine. The only 2 things I lost were the "Home" Location I had to reprogram that and repair the Cell Phone.

I love the new search feature for the songs...Much easier!!!
Old 09-13-2008, 02:08 AM
rvt
JK Newbie

Default Work link

http://www.digitalbuildingsolutions.com/mygig/mygig9.807.zip

Last edited by Robar; 09-13-2008 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Edited direct link
Old 09-13-2008, 02:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whpony96
This is a Beta!
Nope, I was corrected. It's an official release, very stable. Highly recommended to upgrade to. Both for features and more stable.
Yes that is from someone who would know also.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am on Harman Becker Automotive Systems beta testing program and this is NOT a official release. I received a email and this update in a package direct from Harman Becker and the first line on the enclosed documentation states this is a "BETA" update you may choose not to participate but if you do decide to participate and install this Beta please go to the following link to fill out the survey after you have followed the install instructions carefully. Since I am a Beta tester if something would go wrong Harman Becker will support my unit and provide me with a replacement if needed. If some one not in the beta program has a failure they will have a much more difficult time getting their unit serviced or replaced by DC. Please do not lead the public to thinking that this is anything other than a Beta. If you do install it you are doing so under your own terms and if you do end up with a "brick" due to a bad flash\load of the software you may be out of luck. Just because some one has decided to host this file for public download access online does not in any, shape or form mean this is a "official" release. If this beta proves stable it will become a official release. As of right now the release 9.807 is not official. Once it is official it will be deployed to the dealerships for installation.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

Default 08 my gig

I must be an idiot, Im not understanding all this I have an 08 jeep w mygig with nav. I have the buttons for voice recg. and bluetooth, "u-connect", but was told by the dealership I had to purchase "modules " in order for these tings to work, which they have not come out with yet. The same for lockpick.
Is it programming that makes these things work or modules. signed Dumb A$$
Old 09-16-2008, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moho
I must be an idiot, Im not understanding all this I have an 08 jeep w mygig with nav. I have the buttons for voice recg. and bluetooth, "u-connect", but was told by the dealership I had to purchase "modules " in order for these tings to work, which they have not come out with yet. The same for lockpick.
Nah, you just need a mic.

dealership even has the mic, then you can just enable it in the engi menu.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:24 AM
JK Freak

All "modules are in the nav system already all you need is a $20 mic and plug it in the back try searching for MYgig Microphone that should do it
Old 09-16-2008, 10:57 AM
JK Newbie

Thanx Does that mean that lockpick will enable Voice rcg, and blue tooth with a mic???????
Old 09-16-2008, 12:23 PM
JK Freak

Thanx Does that mean that lockpick will enable Voice rcg, and blue tooth with a mic???????
NO you only need the lockpick if you want to

1. watch movies while driving
2. add a reversing camera
3. read more about lockpick it does do more.

you just need the MIC then you can select radio stations CD track, Enter addresses, zoom in on the map etc. and make phone calls bluetooth is aready built in to the NAV models - You just need the $20 mic

Quick Reply: MyGIG v9.807 RER/REW/REP Software update