Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGIG v9.807 RER/REW/REP Software update

Old 09-16-2008, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had my MyGig replaced under warranty on my 2 week old JK...it came from the factory with the new update (was installed last saturday)

Old 09-16-2008, 03:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YOke
I just had my MyGig replaced under warranty on my 2 week old JK...it came from the factory with the new update (was installed last saturday)

You have version v9.807 installed?
Old 09-17-2008, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by artpics
NO you only need the lockpick if you want to

1. watch movies while driving
2. add a reversing camera
3. read more about lockpick it does do more.

you just need the MIC then you can select radio stations CD track, Enter addresses, zoom in on the map etc. and make phone calls bluetooth is aready built in to the NAV models - You just need the $20 mic
I installed 9.807 update and when I press the uConnect button it still says no module. I will try again monday when I get my mic installed.

Can someone verify that this actually works with mygig 9.807 and mic only?
Old 09-17-2008, 02:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ummmm the module it is referring to is "The Mic" until you plug the mic in it will say just that.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Yes, the Bluetooth and Uconnect will work with the software update. It has been enabled for the past serveral versions. You have to go into
"Engineering Mode" Hold the Menu and Seek UP and Seek Down buttons. Then you go to Enable VR and you are good to go.

I dont have lockpick....just the mic and it works great!
Old 09-18-2008, 03:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Matador
Yes, the Bluetooth and Uconnect will work with the software update. It has been enabled for the past serveral versions. You have to go into
"Engineering Mode" Hold the Menu and Seek UP and Seek Down buttons. Then you go to Enable VR and you are good to go.

I dont have lockpick....just the mic and it works great!
Same here - works fine
Old 09-18-2008, 06:25 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by poppakristof
I installed 9.807 update and when I press the uConnect button it still says no module. I will try again monday when I get my mic installed.

Can someone verify that this actually works with mygig 9.807 and mic only?
When in the engineering menu page down to the last one it will say Enable JK/HF press it will change to disable JK/HF that is the one you want showing when you back out. Be very careful not to press anything else unless you know what you are doing Many Mygig’s have been turned in to bricks by pushing the wrong thing, then add your Microphone I have tested both the costaltech $20 mic and the one from the Dealer $41.00 they work about the same.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whpony96
You have version v9.807 installed?
Yes, 9.807, came from Dealer like that when I had the other one replaced under warranty last week.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by renegadelt1
When in the engineering menu page down to the last one it will say Enable JK/HF press it will change to disable JK/HF that is the one you want showing when you back out. Be very careful not to press anything else unless you know what you are doing Many Mygig’s have been turned in to bricks by pushing the wrong thing, then add your Microphone I have tested both the costaltech $20 mic and the one from the Dealer $41.00 they work about the same.
I just hooked up the $20 mic and the system worked great for two times now it says "uconnect not equiped". I will try the engineering menu and see what happens. If that doesn't work, I'll pull the fuses to reset.

UPDATE: I went to the engineering menu and enabled JK/HF. That did the trick. Thanks!
Also, iPhone 3G with 2.1 software works great. I just wish I knew how to have the myGig NOT include my contacts from my phone.
I find it funny how Jeep went so far as to hard code the software so the myGig Wranglers do not have the uconnect working.

Last edited by poppakristof; 09-23-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by poppakristof
I just hooked up the $20 mic and the system worked great for two times now it says "uconnect not equiped". I will try the engineering menu and see what happens. If that doesn't work, I'll pull the fuses to reset.

UPDATE: I went to the engineering menu and enabled JK/HF. That did the trick. Thanks!
Also, iPhone 3G with 2.1 software works great. I just wish I knew how to have the myGig NOT include my contacts from my phone.
I find it funny how Jeep went so far as to hard code the software so the myGig Wranglers do not have the uconnect working.
Glad it all work for you Check in your blue tooth options on your phone you should be able to block your contacts from being sent.
enjoy

Quick Reply: MyGIG v9.807 RER/REW/REP Software update