Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Need program key and only have one

Old 03-09-2019, 06:21 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

^^ I'd never really thought about the ease of having a 3rd key as opposed to the PITA it is to program a 2nd key (once you've lost one) before this thread. Sure is simple when you have the 2 originals. I kinda like this key. It's actually pretty bulky compared to the factory key. Wish the fob was a little smaller maybe, but we'll see. If I don't stick with it, at least have an extra key that works.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
^^ I'd never really thought about the ease of having a 3rd key as opposed to the PITA it is to program a 2nd key (once you've lost one) before this thread. Sure is simple when you have the 2 originals. I kinda like this key. It's actually pretty bulky compared to the factory key. Wish the fob was a little smaller maybe, but we'll see. If I don't stick with it, at least have an extra key that works.
Yes, after this episode, I did get a third key.
It's isn't the fancy fob with the unlock buttons, just a plain old Ilco.

I always wanted one of these though:

Quick Reply: Need program key and only have one