Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New MyGIG Software Update RER-REW-REP 2.402 (I-Phone Fix!)

Old 03-23-2011, 03:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whpony96
Nope it's not the right answer at all.... he's a idiot!

Follow my steps do the update yourself.
On the face of the MyGig in the lower right hand corner is 3 letters. If it says RER, REW or REP you can perform this update. It does not matter what vehicle it came out of. Or what one it is in.
I did download the file and tried nero and sonic using the steps on here to burn it...but no luck =(

It just loaded up the install screen and would not let me push any buttons. Guys on here said it was a bad disc. and try to make a new one. Tried 5 times and all 5 did not work.

So I contacted the dealership and they ordered a disc in and tried to load it with no success either. Then told me they needed to know if the RER / Nav unit I bought was from a Dodge truck, mini van, 300c, ect. I have no idea. I thought they were all the same. ARGH !!

Any other suggestions.......????

Thank you everyone for your help =)
Old 03-24-2011, 01:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hevnbnd
Everything is working but my navigation... It is telling me

Navigation database not detected.
Please install navigation database.

Any idea where to get that?
That's not good! That usually a sign the HDD has failed.

I would disconnect both terminals from the battery and hold the two cables together for 8 seconds and then reconnect the battery and check the MyGig again.

Last edited by whpony96; 03-24-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did this and same thing. When I go to hdd info. It say's 0gb available and 0gb used....
I think it's fried. Sorry.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:45 PM
JK Junkie

Did this and same thing. When I go to hdd info. It say's 0gb available and 0gb used....
Yep your HDD has failed. Are you still under warranty?
Old 03-24-2011, 01:53 PM
JK Junkie

I sent you a PM...
Old 03-29-2011, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

Hi everyone, I hate to beat a dead horse but I just got back from deployment and have fallen behind the power curve...

I need updates 9.713 as well as 2.402 on disk if anyone has them. I cannot access the update page on my computer for some reason and am willing to pay shipping charges for the disks. Thanks in advance.

Matt
Old 03-29-2011, 02:19 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by invictus
Hi everyone, I hate to beat a dead horse but I just got back from deployment and have fallen behind the power curve...

I need updates 9.713 as well as 2.402 on disk if anyone has them. I cannot access the update page on my computer for some reason and am willing to pay shipping charges for the disks. Thanks in advance.

Matt
Sent you a PM bud..
Old 03-29-2011, 04:40 PM
JK Newbie

I hope in an upcoming software revision they separate the audio controls to:

- treble
- mid
- bass
- sub

It would give us a bit more control. Also, I wish they would send instruction to the infinity amp to send out more power to the sub. I will probably change the amp but it's annoying having the premium sound system without the premium sound. But that discussion is in another thread...
Old 03-30-2011, 07:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by invictus

Matt
I am in the same situation... only I have had no success at burning the disks =( I took it to the dealership and they gladly agreed to update it for me.

But then told me the disk would not work. Claiming it was because the MYGIG RER was out of another vehicle and they needed me to find out what kind of Chrysler vehicle it cam out of so they could RE-ORDER the disk for it ???? I have no idea if it came out of a 300C, dodge ram, ect.

None of this is making sense ??

If any of you could help me out as well.... it would be awesome of you =)

I can pay you for your shipping and materials as well. Thanks
Old 03-30-2011, 11:46 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by fleck
I am in the same situation... only I have had no success at burning the disks =( I took it to the dealership and they gladly agreed to update it for me.

But then told me the disk would not work. Claiming it was because the MYGIG RER was out of another vehicle and they needed me to find out what kind of Chrysler vehicle it cam out of so they could RE-ORDER the disk for it ???? I have no idea if it came out of a 300C, dodge ram, ect.

None of this is making sense ??

If any of you could help me out as well.... it would be awesome of you =)

I can pay you for your shipping and materials as well. Thanks
What they are telling you is simply not true. As long a the unit is a RER, REP or REW it can use this update. It doesn't matter what vehicle it came out of!

I sent Matt (invictus) some discs today. He said once he is done with them he would gladly mail them to another member in need. Send him a PM.

Quick Reply: New MyGIG Software Update RER-REW-REP 2.402 (I-Phone Fix!)