Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New MyGIG Software Update RER-REW-REP 2.402 (I-Phone Fix!)

Old 04-20-2011, 04:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevedolce
looking to do this for my wife's liberty--her iphone 4 doesn't work with v2.043 on her RER. i assume all mygigs are the same regardless the model of jeep?
With regards to updating.....YES. I used the exact same update CD for my Wrangler (high speed RER) and my wife's Grand Cherokee (low speed RER)
Old 04-20-2011, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need some help...

Does anyone have a copy of the 9.713 update I can borrow or steal? I have the 2.402 update but have messed up 6 dvd discs trying to write the 9.713 update. My MyGig will not read them at all. I don't want to waste any more discs.

I will pay for shipping to get a working copy and promise to forward it on to anyone else that needs the updates.

Thanks.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:06 PM
JK Super Freak

winner winner chicken dinner!!!

worked like a charm--

thanks Pony!
Old 04-20-2011, 06:13 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by deeker
I need some help...

Does anyone have a copy of the 9.713 update I can borrow or steal? I have the 2.402 update but have messed up 6 dvd discs trying to write the 9.713 update. My MyGig will not read them at all. I don't want to waste any more discs.

I will pay for shipping to get a working copy and promise to forward it on to anyone else that needs the updates.

Thanks.
As I understand it you do not need to go to 9.713 first. You can go directly to 2.402 without any issues.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:14 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by stevedolce
winner winner chicken dinner!!!

worked like a charm--

thanks Pony!
Your very Welcome! Enjoy!
Old 04-22-2011, 09:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by whpony96
Gracenotes is the software the recognizes the retail music CD you insert into the MyGig and then correctly displays the artist and title on the screen.

This does not apply to burned CD's or DVD's or songs uploaded by USB.
Whphony...You touched on something here that I have been frustrated by and don't understand.
1. Why do you lose all the music detail and lose your playlist order when you upload songs through USB or homemade cd? Is it because we have to use mp3 for this radio?
2. I like to build my own playlists and keep them in order so I can crossfade my music....Is there a way you can do that with this RER that you are aware of?

BTW....This thread has been extremely helpful and resolved problems in dealing with the RER which is not the most user friendly radio I've ever had. I did the updates on my Mac from all the information I gathered from this thread and it went flawlessly.

Thanks,
srt6spd
Old 04-22-2011, 09:37 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by srt6spd
Whphony...You touched on something here that I have been frustrated by and don't understand.
1. Why do you lose all the music detail and lose your playlist order when you upload songs through USB or homemade cd? Is it because we have to use mp3 for this radio?I don't loose any of the music detail at all. I use a free piece of software called Mp3tag to correct every Mp3 I have before I upload it to the MyGig.
2. I like to build my own playlists and keep them in order so I can crossfade my music....Is there a way you can do that with this RER that you are aware of? Yep When you you upload upload your songs in categorizes. For example Country, 80's, Classic Rock, ect.... But say you have already uploaded Country songs in to the MyGig but you want to add more to the same playlist. When you upload the new songs simply rename the new playlist of songs to the same name of the existing Playlist and the MyGig will combine them for you.

BTW....This thread has been extremely helpful and resolved problems in dealing with the RER which is not the most user friendly radio I've ever had. I did the updates on my Mac from all the information I gathered from this thread and it went flawlessly.

Thanks,
srt6spd
Glad the upload worked as smooth as butter.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by LarryD
I have been working with these instructions all day---where can I buy the disk.
Hey LarryD, I sent you a pm. If you want I can help you with the update.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by whpony96
Glad the upload worked as smooth as butter.
RE: #2 of my questions....If I USB a playlist on my Mac the song order is just the way I want them on my computer....When I load it on the RER they all become alphabetized. I can add them to my current folder on the RER without a problem, but they go in and end up alphaberized.
Can you tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if this is just the "nature of the beast" when loading songs on the RER via USB?

thanks for all your help,

srt6
Old 04-25-2011, 02:48 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by srt6spd
RE: #2 of my questions....If I USB a playlist on my Mac the song order is just the way I want them on my computer....When I load it on the RER they all become alphabetized. I can add them to my current folder on the RER without a problem, but they go in and end up alphaberized.
Can you tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if this is just the "nature of the beast" when loading songs on the RER via USB?

thanks for all your help,

srt6

I always use random and never have songs play in a certain order every time. So as far as I know it can not be done but since I have not tried to to that function it might be there and I am not aware of it.

Quick Reply: New MyGIG Software Update RER-REW-REP 2.402 (I-Phone Fix!)