Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Newcomdigi 52" 300watt LED Light Bar

Old 01-05-2014, 05:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DKJEEP
It was a load off my mind when the guy drove away with all of it. Just looking at how the unit is sealed had me concerned as well. I think a year down the road if that from just being out in the elements and weather a seal somewhere is going to fail and you are going to get water inside it. Like I said, this is an awesome deal for a weekend vehicle that is stored inside. For all you guys daily driving with one of these, good luck. Put it on craigslist and someone will come get it. It will save you shipping cost.
Just threw mine on craigslist. I'll be happy to make back what I paid for it. I'm just gonna get two 20" bars for the hood and bumper with mounts. It'll cost me the exact same amount as the 50" without the stress and worry.

Anyone on this thread interesting in taking my bar and RC mounts I'll sell it to you at the same cost I bought it for. Obviously, shipping will be on you. I haven't even opened the packages yet so it will all be untouched and brand new.

I'll do the light bar and RC mount for $350 plus shipping. Here's the link to my thread...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-a...-mount-293785/

Last edited by Hack12; 01-05-2014 at 06:13 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4chick
That is the mount that we use. As a matter of fact, we got the light and mounting bracket combo from them for a tad over $500 and I could not be more happy. After reeding of all the mounting failures on the light bar on this thread, I am glad we spend a few $ more and got a more solid light bar and mount.
Those mounts look great, but there's no visible difference in the light bar and the way it mounts. It appears to be the same type and size bolt as the Ebay light bar.

So far, I'm not having any issues with the Eautogrills mounts, but I do like the way the HMF snugs up against the A-pillar. If it truly handles the 52" light and snugs tight to the pillar, I may just buy them. Can you confirm the fit?
Old 01-05-2014, 06:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dmwil
So far, I'm not having any issues with the Eautogrills mounts, but I do like the way the HMF snugs up against the A-pillar. If it truly handles the 52" light and snugs tight to the pillar, I may just buy them. Can you confirm the fit?
He is using it with a different bar so his fit may be different. I would wait till jeep-rat gets his in and see how it fits with the 52" bar
Old 01-05-2014, 09:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DKJEEP
The best solution here is to take the end caps off and drill and tap them to a 3/8" size bolt and measure the thickness of the actual mount and the portion of the end cap where the bolt goes and see what the perfect length bolt would be to go through all of it and not protrude into the light assembly any more than an 1/8" or so.
Do you recall if the the hole of the eautogrilles mount 3/8? I would like to get to fit as snug as possible without having to drill out the hole bigger on the mount.

I would be able to find out for myself, but my mounts were never shipped after I bought them on December 19th, and they won't be here til Tuesday. They are giving me 20% off for the wait though, so I guess it's not all bad...hah
Old 01-06-2014, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know guys I have mine on and I'm happy with it. I've only driven it around town not on the highway yet so I'm not sure about the noise. I may drill it out to 3/8 and re tap it. Ha I learned a long time ago that nothing is a bolt on
Old 01-06-2014, 06:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ahfunaki
Do you recall if the the hole of the eautogrilles mount 3/8? I would like to get to fit as snug as possible without having to drill out the hole bigger on the mount.

I would be able to find out for myself, but my mounts were never shipped after I bought them on December 19th, and they won't be here til Tuesday. They are giving me 20% off for the wait though, so I guess it's not all bad...hah
No the holes are not 3/8. I drilled mine out when I tapped the light bar end caps
Old 01-06-2014, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ahfunaki

The hole on the mount was about 1/4 inch, just a hair bigger then the bolt that came with the light.

I just tapped my light to 5/16 now I need to dremmel out a little of the light housing so my bolt does not contact it inside.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeep-rat
No the holes are not 3/8. I drilled mine out when I tapped the light bar end caps
Originally Posted by Brandt
The hole on the mount was about 1/4 inch, just a hair bigger then the bolt that came with the light.

I just tapped my light to 5/16 now I need to dremmel out a little of the light housing so my bolt does not contact it inside.
Thank you!
Old 01-07-2014, 12:15 PM
JK Freak

For anyone looking at getting the Poison Spyder mounts, Baseline4x4 has a good coupon right now.

Code: RIGID

This will get you the PS light mount for $224.79 and free shipping I believe. Much cheaper than I've seen it available elsewhere.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:36 PM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140107_132755.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	522051

So I tapped the light to 5/16 drilled all the way through the end cap and removed enough metal from the housing so the bolt will tighten down without bottoming out. It seems very secure now I also added the rubber bushings that came with the light mount between the light and the mounts, she's very snug I'd be surprised if it falls off now.

To eliminate the wind noise which was pretty unbearable I purchased some campertop gasket from Napa cut it in half then folded it in half and inserted it between the bottom 4 fins this worked out pretty good.

Name:	20140107_132908.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	522052Click image for larger version

Name:	20140107_132934.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	522053Click image for larger version

Name:	20140107_132741.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	522054

I couldn't be happier I'm about 245$ into the light plus it gave me something to do

Name:	20140107_132810.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	522055

Quick Reply: Newcomdigi 52" 300watt LED Light Bar