Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Newcomdigi 52" 300watt LED Light Bar

Old 01-07-2014, 02:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandt
Attachment 522051

So I tapped the light to 5/16 drilled all the way through the end cap and removed enough metal from the housing so the bolt will tighten down without bottoming out. It seems very secure now I also added the rubber bushings that came with the light mount between the light and the mounts, she's very snug I'd be surprised if it falls off now.

To eliminate the wind noise which was pretty unbearable I purchased some campertop gasket from Napa cut it in half then folded it in half and inserted it between the bottom 4 fins this worked out pretty good.

Attachment 522052Attachment 522053Attachment 522054

I couldn't be happier I'm about 245$ into the light plus it gave me something to do

Attachment 522055

It looks good, I hope it holds up for you. I really like that color jeep.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DKJEEP
It looks good, I hope it holds up for you. I really like that color jeep.
Thanks!! I'll post updates if anything happens
Old 01-08-2014, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brandt
Thanks!! I'll post updates if anything happens
So just that one spot is all u filled with the gasket crap and it silenced the whole light?
Or did u cram it throughout?
Old 01-08-2014, 06:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Hack12
Just threw mine on craigslist. I'll be happy to make back what I paid for it. I'm just gonna get two 20" bars for the hood and bumper with mounts. It'll cost me the exact same amount as the 50" without the stress and worry.

Anyone on this thread interesting in taking my bar and RC mounts I'll sell it to you at the same cost I bought it for. Obviously, shipping will be on you. I haven't even opened the packages yet so it will all be untouched and brand new.

I'll do the light bar and RC mount for $350 plus shipping. Here's the link to my thread...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-a...-mount-293785/
Hack...send you a PM..can you check it?
Old 01-08-2014, 07:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rollingrocktx
Hack...send you a PM..can you check it?
Just sent you a PM. Sorry about the delay!
Old 01-08-2014, 09:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by GoinCamando
So just that one spot is all u filled with the gasket crap and it silenced the whole light?
Or did u cram it throughout?
The foam was about an inch wide so I cut it in half then folded the half in half with the sticky side inside so it basically made a 1/4 inch foam tube that I pushed in flush with the outside of the fins so no air can get inside. I was going to try door molding like others but it was 6$ for like two 3 feet pieces so I got the foam figured I could rig something up. You can basically play the light like a guitar once the foam was inserted it made a different tune, I don't know if I needed to do 4 fins I did the ones I could see when looking up at the light from the windshield.

Last edited by Brandt; 01-08-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just placed an order for the HMF brackets today with Chris from Jeep addons. Will post pictures when I get them mounted. Still haven't decided if I want to go for the color matched look or some rattle can bedliner. Decisions, Decisions.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKduke86
Just placed an order for the HMF brackets today with Chris from Jeep addons. Will post pictures when I get them mounted. Still haven't decided if I want to go for the color matched look or some rattle can bedliner. Decisions, Decisions.
For your jeep, I would personally do it black. It would go well with your black theme you've got going with the wheels, fuel door, etc. And since the HMF has the holes in it, it would look good with the silver showing through.

For what it's worth, I would call around to some local metal shops in your area and see if any of them do powder coating. A few places around me will throw in smaller items like these brackets if they have some larger items to do for next to nothing. Just a thought
Old 01-08-2014, 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by countrydude1992
For your jeep, I would personally do it black. It would go well with your black theme you've got going with the wheels, fuel door, etc. And since the HMF has the holes in it, it would look good with the silver showing through.

For what it's worth, I would call around to some local metal shops in your area and see if any of them do powder coating. A few places around me will throw in smaller items like these brackets if they have some larger items to do for next to nothing. Just a thought
That's exactly what my thought pattern was with the cutouts as well. Actually talked about that with Chris while I was ordering and he agreed. Hadn't thought about checking around at any local shops for powder coating though so I'll check that route. I have never had anything powder coated before, what would be a reasonable price for something like these?
Old 01-08-2014, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had mine powder coated for $40. I've gone to this guy a lot and he doesn't mind doing smaller items so you may have to pay a bit more.

Quick Reply: Newcomdigi 52" 300watt LED Light Bar