Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Problem with adding microphone to RER 730N UConnect Radio

Old 09-29-2018, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with adding microphone to RER 730N UConnect Radio

Update: MyGig Radio Guy suggested taking the Wrangler to a dealer for them to add the option for UConnect Bluetooth hands-free sales code to my vehicle and do a vehicle reconfiguration. I had that done today and the vehicle still doesn't recognize that there is a microphone. So any help is appreciated.Thank you

Good evening. I previously added a 430N radio to my former 2014 JKU without any problems. I recently bought a 2008 JKU Sahara with the factory installed RER 730N, software current version 2.404. Initially Jeep did not install or activate the microphone due to the noisy interior of the Wrangler. But now with the law that you must have hands free, I watched the videos on installing and activating the factory microphone kit. So I purchased and installed the Mopar microphone kit 82211743AB. I activated it through the Engineering Mode. Everything works as expected except for the microphone. But It did have a blank screen when I hit the VR mode. So I researched on this and other forum and found The MyGig Radio Guy, who said I had a problem with the hard drive. So I then purchased a replacement hard drive from The MyGig Radio Guy and replaced the hard drive which corrected the blank screen on the VR menu; but still no change with the microphone not working. So we suspected a defective microphone kit. I received the new microphone kit. Still not working. When using my Bluetooth hands-free, I can hear whom I called, but they cannot hear me.

Anyone experience and resolve anything similar? After just retiring, I cannot afford to replace the radio (especially after being stranded and having to spend around $1,500 last Saturday replacing the transmission shifter/cable at the Jeep dealership). :-(

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by DRCTX; 10-02-2018 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Maybe a third ic will do like in this thread:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...s-free-347843/

Quick Reply: Problem with adding microphone to RER 730N UConnect Radio