Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Question re: '09 MyGig, Lockpick, and Mopar iPod Cable

Old 05-19-2009, 10:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a stupid question at all (regarding pluggin in the ipod), I did and it doesn't even light up to charge it. I've left it plugged in all day in the jeep, hoping that I'll have some stroke of luck when I go to start it up this afternoon. lol

And the easiest thing to try might be to just pull your mygig out and plug it into my Jeep and vice versa. If my MyGig shows the iPod cable in your Jeep, then it's the cable, if it doesn't. Somehow it's labeled 09, but isn't or is damaged. You'd also need to let me know what kind of beer ya like so I can bring a case to thank you for going to the trouble. lol This has ceratainly been a pain in the neck. lol
Old 05-19-2009, 11:41 AM
JK Super Freak

EagleMike beat me to it, I was going to offer the same if need be. Shoot me a PM if/when you guys meet up, I'll come meet everyone if I'm around.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 08RubiUnlimited
EagleMike beat me to it, I was going to offer the same if need be. Shoot me a PM if/when you guys meet up, I'll come meet everyone if I'm around.
ahh, don't worry, you can join in too... SaharaBlackNo1 is probably just as far from manassas as you are... so I'll take the easy route and stay in manassas and have you two drive in

Maybe I can get ThinkMud to come over from his nearby place!
Old 05-19-2009, 03:38 PM
JK Freak

Hey SaharaBlack: My misery might make you feel better. You seem to know your model numbers so as I said I bought a MyGig off ebay listed as a part number 82211860AB (an '09) but when it showed up it was part number 5064400AK (an '08). The seller just e-mailed me his response (my interpretation) TOUGH SH**. So I am about to see if PayPals resolution center actually works.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Fathom
Hey SaharaBlack: My misery might make you feel better. You seem to know your model numbers so as I said I bought a MyGig off ebay listed as a part number 82211860AB (an '09) but when it showed up it was part number 5064400AK (an '08). The seller just e-mailed me his response (my interpretation) TOUGH SH**. So I am about to see if PayPals resolution center actually works.
I sure as hell hope it works for you, that's way too much money to hear tough $hit about. If your paypal account used your credit card instead of your bank account you could also try going through them to get your money back. The fact is you paid for one thing and got another. Sure it's similiar, but it's definitely not the same and make sure when you have to argue your point that you include the fact that while they're both mygigs on the inside they're physically different. You paid a premium for that difference and didn't get it.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Just thought I'd bump this thread up and see how Fathom's dispute was coming along on Paypal. I don't actually know how the guy could defend it, since he gave a specific part number.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:42 AM
JK Freak

Nothing yet. Thanks to you I called Discover so that is my second life line. I worry but PayPal has not ask me for proof.? I would be glad to send pics of the part number on the MyGig if they asked.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:48 AM
JK Super Freak

I just don't see how he'd win. He put up an ad with one part and sent another. The biggest thing I'd worry about is if he doesn't have much feedback and he takes all his money out of paypal and essentailly lets them shut his account down. This seems to me would be when the dispute with your credit card company would come in most handy. Hopefully, he'll see the error of his ways and you'll get your money back so you can get the part you paid for in the first place somewhere else. It sucks to deal with headaches like this though.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Ok, just got my third cable in and nothing. The MyGig won't recognize that the iPod is there. It's an 80 gig iPod Video Classic. This iPod worked perfectly when I had the single disc and Uconnect and the iPod cable. I have the iPod cable plugged directly into the MyGig, both the large and small port leaving the other large port empty. I then plugged the factory harness into the iPod female plug along with the Uconnect mic to the iPod female mic plug. That should do it right?

I simply cannot believe that a third cable is bad. If I plug lockpick into the cable, etc lockpick works as does my backup camera. So it seems something is off with the MyGig right?

Hscrugby if you're out there, since I bought it from you and you said that you had the iPod cable working, maybe you could tell me what I might be doing wrong, because I'm at a loss at this point.

The part number is correct when I pull up the info on the mygig screen and everything matches up on the MyGig itself, so I'm baffled. I know Hsc said it was a factory tester for HK, but I'd have thought that would mean it was flawless, rather than have anything not work. I've checked and rechecked the plugs they're all inserted completely, so I'm stumped and will gladly try any ideas anyone has at this point.

Thanks.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Have you tried another iPod by chance? I know I'm grasping at straws, but trying to help.

Quick Reply: Question re: '09 MyGig, Lockpick, and Mopar iPod Cable