Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Radio Reset

Old 11-17-2006, 05:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Reset

Has anyone else noticed that when you put both of the rear windows up at the same time that the radio powers off and on? :confused:
Old 11-17-2006, 06:49 AM
JK Newbie

Hmmmm. Methinks you have a wiring problem. I think I'd check the battery connections to verify that they are tight. (10mm sockect. Chintzy battery connectors at that! My battery posts are already covered with white lead oxide.)

BTW, I have tried rolling both mine (front AND rear) up/down simultaneously and my radio plays just fine.

You didn't mention it, but was this with the motor running or not? Either way, it (the radio reset) indicates a loose connection or other wiring problem.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:45 AM
JK Freak

That happened to me for a half day after some very wet wheeling. It went away for me though.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:46 PM
JK Freak

Well check that. It just happened today at lunch . Twice. It's not the kind of thing I would take time to get fixed at this point. If I was losing my staion presets, thought that would do it for me.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ge99ne
Well check that. It just happened today at lunch . Twice. It's not the kind of thing I would take time to get fixed at this point. If I was losing my staion presets, thought that would do it for me.
Glad I'm not compltely alone. Have you checked your battery connections?
Old 11-20-2006, 06:34 PM
JK Newbie

Default Radio resets

Check with the dealer to see if there are any service bulletins out for that.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:26 AM
JK Freak

There is another thread on this topic that mentions a service bulliten. I mentioned it at the dealer today but the did nothing, since it wasn't acting up today.

Quick Reply: Radio Reset