Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Relay box and wiring info needed for multiple lights

Old 12-18-2012, 06:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1867575228.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	399798

This is the bottom of the setup. John from sPod sold me the bracket for $25. I'm using a RR A-Pillar switch setup with OTRATTW switches (which I'm not finished with yet).
Old 12-19-2012, 06:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Deester157
Ya I have. Just trying to understand what I have to do a little better.
1st - Make a list of what all you want.
2nd - Do your research to determine the Full Load Amps of each piece of equipment.
3rd - Total up your loads. ( this tells you how big of wire you need, and the fuse size, for the main conductor.
4th - ( From the list ) Decide how many switches and relays you need. { Make sure the relay sizes match the load }.
5th - Figure what size box(s) and where to put the relay(s) and fuse(s) and switche(s)
6th - ( From the list AND physical locations of relay, fuses and switches ) Figure wire sizes and lengths. And fuse sizes.
7th - Figure all the extras. IE; wire loom, wire terminals, electrical tape, shrink tube, ect, ect.
Last - Install and have fun.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Ford

1st - Make a list of what all you want.
2nd - Do your research to determine the Full Load Amps of each piece of equipment.
3rd - Total up your loads. ( this tells you how big of wire you need, and the fuse size, for the main conductor.
4th - ( From the list ) Decide how many switches and relays you need. { Make sure the relay sizes match the load }.
5th - Figure what size box(s) and where to put the relay(s) and fuse(s) and switche(s)
6th - ( From the list AND physical locations of relay, fuses and switches ) Figure wire sizes and lengths. And fuse sizes.
7th - Figure all the extras. IE; wire loom, wire terminals, electrical tape, shrink tube, ect, ect.
Last - Install and have fun.
Hey thanks a lot!! That definately helps! I appreciate your time.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since his wire isn't big enough, in mine do I need to replace the inline fuse wire with a bigger guage wire and keep the 6 wires the way they are that are connected to it?

Quick Reply: Relay box and wiring info needed for multiple lights