Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Safe way to secure subs/amp in a JK

Old 01-08-2009, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI. If you have this type of trunk you should think about pulling the plug on the electric locks (if you have them) so someone can't use your front doors to unlock the trunk. Very easily to do.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Thantos
FYI. If you have this type of trunk you should think about pulling the plug on the electric locks (if you have them) so someone can't use your front doors to unlock the trunk. Very easily to do.
All manual here with proximety sensors on alarm. Good point for those who have electric though. I am glad I went cheap and built from the basic jeep setup although power windows wood have been nice.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the advice. i was able to elevate the amp and relocate it to allow adequate airflow. I appreciate it. I will post pics ogf the Final install soon.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Final Install

Here is the sub box under the Best Top instatrunk. It went to gether very well and sealed very nicely to the rear door. Nothing Fancy but definately worthy. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by NC08JK; 01-18-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NC08JK,
thanx for posting this, i have been thinking of the same setup to secure additional sub & amp. Was wondering if you can do me a favor? Can you give me the measurements? How tall is your sub box? How deep/tall is instatrunk?
Thank you for your time,
~Mad

Quick Reply: Safe way to secure subs/amp in a JK