Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Silverstar

Old 05-19-2008, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hilldweller
Sylvania Silverstars are a product that was brought to the market by a demand for cheap bulbs that produce a whiter-looking light. Don't kid yourself into thinking that you can see the road better with them; you can't and you won't.
And, to add insult to injury, they don't last long because Sylvania has to put in a hotter filiment to compensate for the light output they lose from the bogus coating.
If anybody has bought these, don't feel stupid; I did too. But I know better now.

Read this for information on bulbs.

I have a pair of Phillips Vision Plus ready to go in my Jeep tonight.
Thanks for this info. I was about to buy the Silverstars but now I will go with
the Nighthawks or VisionPlus
Old 05-19-2008, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks all ... the most replys i got on a thread and its about bulbs haha
Old 05-19-2008, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default SilverStars = worth it.

As a former electrician I was very disatisfied with the stock lighting on the JK. My biggest problem was the spread of the fog lights was mostly below what I could see from the driver seat = useless.
Naturally I wanted to go right to the HID with balasts and relays etc. Instead I decided to try the el cheapo solution and I am pleasantly surprised.
Having also done a little adjusting to the foglights, the 'hole' between the headlight pattern and foglight pattern has all but dissappeared.
I am very satisfied with this $80 solution. Best of all, I've still got the stock lamps in case they burn out. 6 months and counting...

Quick Reply: Silverstar