Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sirius

Old 01-08-2008, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine came activated from the dealer then after 8 months I called sirius because I wanted a username and password tied to it so I could also listen online. That's when they transferred it into my name and my free year started. They said it had been in dealer demo mode that whole time. At least I got an extra 8 months of service. Oh yea, they also activated the Playboy channel for free.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine worked for13 months
Old 01-16-2008, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

My Sirius JUST cut out last night. I received the Jeep late October and used it every day of the work week.
I thought it was amusing. Coming home from the gym listening to the comedy station and then nothing but a message "To Subscribe call..."
I had been holding out to see how many free days I could get out of it.

I'm going to re-up the next time it crosses my mind.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:39 PM
JK Newbie

I bought mine back in November and just a letter from Sirius saying welcome to the family. I was hoping to get more time off the clock, but I guess I can at least activate the playboy channel now.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:38 PM
JK Freak

My satelite cut off 1 year and 6 days after purchase. Just called and it was back on in five minutes.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by drchazz
I bought mine back in November and just a letter from Sirius saying welcome to the family. I was hoping to get more time off the clock, but I guess I can at least activate the playboy channel now.
I picked up my Jeep Dec 1st and I just got a letter today saying welcome to Sirius with user numbers and passwords for internet access. They have all my info and I never contacted them. The dealer must have taken care of everything for me.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:22 AM
JK Freak

Default Did you get a deal when renewing?

Was anyone able to bargain on the monthly rate or get any deals when renewing? Just curious what vibe you got when calling - any options for a discount or does it seem they don't otherwise care? I figure they know I have a Sirius reciever which doesn't make it easy to switch to XM.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by davidwm71
I picked up my Jeep Dec 1st and I just got a letter today saying welcome to Sirius with user numbers and passwords for internet access. They have all my info and I never contacted them. The dealer must have taken care of everything for me.
I prefer to think of it as "the dealer sold me out."
Old 01-25-2008, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did I get screwed?

Literally the day I first read this post about 3 weeks ago, my Sirius cut off on the way home. Earlier this week I got the letter in the mail with my welcome to Sirius package, but when I called to activate my service, they told me that my free time was up. I told them but I never activated my Sirius, how could my time be up. They said I needed to contact the dealer. :(

Now, it took me almost 2 months to get the soft top that was supposed to have come with my Jeep, so I can't imagine even getting a phone call back on this issue. Part of me thinks that I shouldn't compain, I had free Sirius since last summer when I bought the Jeep, but the other part thinks that I should get one year from when I (not the dealer) activate my service. In any case I'm short about 5-6 months of free service. Any thoughts?
Old 01-25-2008, 08:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by drchazz
I prefer to think of it as "the dealer sold me out."
So then don't update and don't use it. I just got the letter too and my JK was picked up in Nov 07. I've had Sirius for over 2 years and love it. I can't listen to regular radio any more although when Stern retires I don't know what I"m gonna do.

Quick Reply: Sirius