Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sirius Free for 2 years?

Old 09-17-2009, 02:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius Free for 2 years?

So on the 15th my sat radio stopped working. It had been a little over a year since I bought my Jeep and figured it was time to start paying for it. Today I called and then said I still had my free year. They re-activated and now I am good for another year. Not that I am complaining but is this normal?
Old 09-17-2009, 02:17 PM
JK Newbie

As long as they have no way to charge your account, keep listening!
Old 09-17-2009, 02:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kupost
So on the 15th my sat radio stopped working. It had been a little over a year since I bought my Jeep and figured it was time to start paying for it. Today I called and then said I still had my free year. They re-activated and now I am good for another year. Not that I am complaining but is this normal?
You got lucky, it was in demo mode and never activated. Usually, it gets cut off way before then.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got lifetime Serius with mine, but I have heard alot of others say they didn't even get the option? Anyone of you get it??
Old 09-17-2009, 02:54 PM
JK Freak

man you are lucky! i have to pay for mine in 2 weeks
Old 09-17-2009, 03:27 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 09rubicon
I got lifetime Serius with mine, but I have heard alot of others say they didn't even get the option? Anyone of you get it??
I remember them offering in over christmas time. Already had the Jeep but I think it was something like 400-500 for a lifetime. I know Sirus/XM is hurting bad finically so I think it was a quick way to raise capital.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

Free is good. I am deciding whether to extend or not. I find that I really dont like most of the sirius stations. I wish they would have kept more of the XM stations after the merger. IMO XM was far superior to Sirius. But for you, the price is definitely right.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:30 PM
JK Junkie

Your local radio must be better then mine. I like the radio it only goes off here and there but generally it is much clearer then normal radio. I tried for 3 days without and really did miss it.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Kupost
You fell though one of the good cracks don’t ask any questions and enjoy, you are not the first I have heard of my friend has an SRT8 and he’s working on year 2 for free also
Old 09-17-2009, 07:05 PM
JK Junkie

hmmm mine was just shut off as well. sounds like i better make that callmaybe i will get lucky.

Quick Reply: Sirius Free for 2 years?