Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Truck Lite = JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-08-2013, 07:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SpicedCrusher
For a guy that's had a 2010, 2011, 2012 and a 2013 Rubicon along with 14 "highly" modded vette's and vipers ya'd think you'd know how to adjust a couple headlights

P.S. Truck-Lites are not junk
Nope, always paid people to do it for me. Everytime I try to touch something I end up making it 50 TIMES WORSE!!!!!! Learned my lesson long ago! Besides, working way too many hours to try and spend the time doing it myself!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Must be nice!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Even if they weren't junk, I wouldn't spend a dime on these over priced lights. I can't stand how expensive they are. That goes for these 48"-50" LED light bars going for $1500! I mean come on! I have a set of HID headlights that cost under $100 and love them. They shin brighter than any LED headlights.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by moz832006
Even if they weren't junk, I wouldn't spend a dime on these over priced lights. I can't stand how expensive they are. That goes for these 48"-50" LED light bars going for $1500! I mean come on! I have a set of HID headlights that cost under $100 and love them. They shin brighter than any LED headlights.
Trucklites are dot approved so they are legal / Hight output led's generally have a life span of about 50,000 hours VS an hid's 3000 / They draw way less current then either halogen or hid.
/ They also have no parts the require replacement. bulbs / balasts. / led's are pretty much indestructable ( within reason ) / Have no warm up nessary for full light output / produce little to no heat ( can be a good or bad thing )

as fas as im concerend the benefits of leds make them a better choice VS other setups and not to mention as time goes on they are only gonna get brighter and even more reliable. halogen and hid are pretty much as far as they are gonna go. True they are not quite up to hid standards ( in light output ) but they will get there .
Old 03-09-2013, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

so the light is going to out last the jeep three to one ...
Old 03-09-2013, 06:31 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by VETTETHRET
I dont know if its just me but I had these installed last yesterday and am not impressed with what I saw last night. I see two huge V's in my light pattern and I really am not impressed by the light output either! Could it be that they are not aimed correctly?

I am thinking about switiching to the more expensive Jw's. It seems like I paid $450 for an inferior product, but I have seen people who are happy with them which is why Im confused. Im hoping its because they are not aimed correctly but I dont know if its possible to see that much of a difference, they do flicker as well.

Has anybody gone from Truck Lites to JW speakers and been happy doing it?
I would say that if you are not pleased with the Truck-Lites, contact the company with your concerns.
I have mine 2 years and I love them!
Old 03-09-2013, 07:54 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SRJeep
They are a huge difference and improvement over the stock lights. I agree, something must be wrong.
I love my Truck-Lites!
Probably a nut loose at the steering wheel is the root cause of the issue.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:16 AM
JK Freak

before spending $600 for tl's and a wiring harness, take a look at hidprojectors.com these are another option that include new housings and projectors. not just stuffing bulbs into your stock housing(although that method does produce a decent light pattern that can easily be used on road if aimed properly...not like the ricers out there that blind everyone throwing light all over)
really nice bi-xenon hid setup that totally outperforms tl's. comes with a full harness as well. if one goes out its a $15 bulb, not a $250 replacement.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hid's.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	431591
low beam

Name:	hid2.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	431593
high beam

Name:	hid3.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	431594
Old 03-09-2013, 12:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got any more info on those bi xenon lights?
Old 03-09-2013, 12:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rtguy1
before spending $600 for tl's and a wiring harness, take a look at hidprojectors.com these are another option that include new housings and projectors. not just stuffing bulbs into your stock housing(although that method does produce a decent light pattern that can easily be used on road if aimed properly...not like the ricers out there that blind everyone throwing light all over)
really nice bi-xenon hid setup that totally outperforms tl's. comes with a full harness as well. if one goes out its a $15 bulb, not a $250 replacement.

Attachment 431591
low beam
Attachment 431593
high beam
Attachment 431594
I was seriously thinking about purchasing these then found out they were not dot approved ...I was not interested in changing them out when I have to have the Jeep inspected. In my state they will most def fail you for them.
They are sweet though!

Quick Reply: Truck Lite = JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!