Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

updating REN and Gracenotes...HELP!!!

Old 06-16-2012, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default updating REN and Gracenotes...HELP!!!

I'm attempting to update my REN mygig. I'm about 5 updates behind on the REN software and God only knows how many on the Gracenotes. Have tried burning these updates from the unoffical mygig site, but the unit doesn't seem to recognize these updates. Can someone help me out and save me a trip to the stealership?

Last edited by Hotspur; 06-17-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:07 PM
JK Newbie

What media are you using? DVD-r or +r? What software are you using as well... And how are you formatting it? It took three different tries for my 730 to finally recognized the update
Old 06-17-2012, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cet99, I'm using Memorex DVD+R for the gracenotes. I used Memorex CD-R for the system update. Neither worked. As far as what software I'm using, I'm just downloading the zip file, unzipping it and then dragging and dropping to copy on the disk. I've tried copying the Gracenotes a second time using the software that came on the DVD+R, which I think was "burns". Dont even know what to tell you about the formatting info...
Old 06-18-2012, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's as I thought! The stealership charged me $50 to tell me my REN was up to date... What a bunch of crap!! Anyone who can help, please let me know. If you have the update disks for the REN and or the Gracenotes I would gladly pay you for them or pay to ship them both ways if you are willing to let me borrow them. Is there a way to contact Chrysler and get the update disks direct from them?
Old 06-18-2012, 03:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As for Gracenotes make sure you use a piece of software called NCH Express Burn it has a free trial for 30 days. (Never use the Windows software to burn any discs for the MyGig it will not burn the discs correctly.) See my instructions on the link provided below.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...52#post2949752

As for the REN software update the same thing goes as with the Gracenotes. NEVER use the windows disc burning software. I'll bet if you burn the update with NCH it will install fine.

There will be no more updates for this device because the production has ended and they are no longer built.

Latest Software Application for REN is 9.292
Old 09-28-2012, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

Default mygig update from harmen becker.

Originally Posted by Hotspur
It's as I thought! The stealership charged me $50 to tell me my REN was up to date... What a bunch of crap!! Anyone who can help, please let me know. If you have the update disks for the REN and or the Gracenotes I would gladly pay you for them or pay to ship them both ways if you are willing to let me borrow them. Is there a way to contact Chrysler and get the update disks direct from them?
if you want the current software for your mygigs just contact harmen. contact them at daniel.miller@harman.com. Daniel will alway usually contact you back within the same day or so. it does not cost for the update and gracenotes. its all free of charge even shipping. just give you shipping address and name. Give the modle of your mygig and your set. he is great on getiing out the update to you. it takes about 3- five days. also alway check your email becuase he is always emailing you until you get it. make sure you thank him when you get it. hope the best of luck to you.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whpony96
As for Gracenotes make sure you use a piece of software called NCH Express Burn it has a free trial for 30 days. (Never use the Windows software to burn any discs for the MyGig it will not burn the discs correctly.) See my instructions on the link provided below.

MyGig Gracenotes Update v4620 US/Canada/Mexico

As for the REN software update the same thing goes as with the Gracenotes. NEVER use the windows disc burning software. I'll bet if you burn the update with NCH it will install fine.

There will be no more updates for this device because the production has ended and they are no longer built.

Latest Software Application for REN is 9.292

And is the latest Gracenotes for the REN 881 ? I just upgraded from 534 to 881...and have the 9.292. but I noticed that there the FRONT CONTROLLER: NA
Old 05-02-2014, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

OK SOOOO,
REN should be 9.292 and gracenotes 881 but now I have a question still about UCONNECT
Attachment 550189
and what are the FRONT CONTROLLERS?
Old 05-02-2014, 06:10 PM
JK Super Freak

You should be able to use the 4620 or whatever the latest RER Gracenotes is to update your REN. the application software is different between them, but the Gracenotes are the same.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Easiest way to update these is getting the CD's from the guy on fleabay, I've done this on 2 different nav's works great. About $20

Quick Reply: updating REN and Gracenotes...HELP!!!