Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Invest2m4's broke the budget build; tons, 40s and triangles...

Old 09-17-2015, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Haha. Just asked a buddy with a JK who was following a pseudo buggy on 42s on that trail a few weeks ago. This is what he said to me "DON'T DO IT." Said it took the group of three 8 hours to do the whole trail. Also noted that seeing the rock bouncers skip the trail should have been an indication to avoid it. I mean, I'd try it, but probably not when I'm only there for two days. Sounds like a ton of effort.
There are some good videos of it on you tube to give you an idea. It's tough for sure. Waldens Ridge is another fun trail as well. I'm going to come out on Saturday and would be open for a night ride on Friday or Saturday. Phone number is 865-388-4659. Let me know if you want another rig to tag along.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pthorpe84
There are some good videos of it on you tube to give you an idea. It's tough for sure. Waldens Ridge is another fun trail as well. I'm going to come out on Saturday and would be open for a night ride on Friday or Saturday. Phone number is 865-388-4659. Let me know if you want another rig to tag along.
Sounds good. I'll hit you up tonight or tomorrow once I know our schedule.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Damn! I'm gonna miss you guys by a week, I' be out there the weekend of the 26th and wheeling Friday and Saturday. Have fun this weekend
Old 09-18-2015, 10:07 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by NJKURPat
Damn! I'm gonna miss you guys by a week, I' be out there the weekend of the 26th and wheeling Friday and Saturday. Have fun this weekend
Maybe I'll have to go back again, haha.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:04 AM
JK Junkie

Well, Windrock was bad ass. A huge thanks to Pthorpe for being a trail guide and spotter. Definitely made for a great trip.

First day was a nice warm-up and then day 2 we moved on to the double blacks. Those trails are no joke. I entered with the Jeep I brought there, and exited with a damaged driver door, bent hi-lift jack, broken tire carrier, and my nearly new PSC power steering pump blew up right at the end of the last trail. Getting down the mountain to the trail head was a good time... But man, what a great time.

I'll post some videos later, but figured I'd toss some pics up now. The video is where all the fun is.

Old 09-22-2015, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Holy S***! Those pictures are BA, can't wait for the videos. I meant to ask this a while back, and I'm sure it is somewhere in this thread, but why did you choose struts vs coilovers? The travel for your struts is insane.

Maybe I'll have to go back again, haha.
Trip was cancelled due to a very small attending crowd (2 stock rigs and myself). I love Windrock but prefer wheeling with a bigger group on harder trails. I think I might be going to Rausch on Oct. 16-18. Would love to check out your rig and run a black or two.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:36 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by NJKURPat
Holy S***! Those pictures are BA, can't wait for the videos. I meant to ask this a while back, and I'm sure it is somewhere in this thread, but why did you choose struts vs coilovers? The travel for your struts is insane.

Trip was cancelled due to a very small attending crowd (2 stock rigs and myself). I love Windrock but prefer wheeling with a bigger group on harder trails. I think I might be going to Rausch on Oct. 16-18. Would love to check out your rig and run a black or two.
Pthorpe took his stock JKUR out with us Saturday. He wheels it like he stole it, haha. Only got hung up once. The other JK is a 2-door on 34s. He had to bypass a few things, but got through pretty much everything I did. Yeah man, you should have come out with us this weekend. You would have had a blast.

Definitely let me know when you want to wheel. I'm in two local clubs in MI that combined have nearly 1000 members, and I can't find a single person to go wheeling outside of MI.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Pthorpe took his stock JKUR out with us Saturday. He wheels it like he stole it, haha. Only got hung up once. The other JK is a 2-door on 34s. He had to bypass a few things, but got through pretty much everything I did. Yeah man, you should have come out with us this weekend. You would have had a blast.

Definitely let me know when you want to wheel. I'm in two local clubs in MI that combined have nearly 1000 members, and I can't find a single person to go wheeling outside of MI.
Well I just found out that Built to Heal has an event on the 17th so might have to avoid that weekend, but definitely wanna get to RC before it snows. I'm pretty sure I'll be going to Harlen from Nov. 6-8 as well so you're more then welcome to come to that.

Get those videos up!!
Old 09-22-2015, 11:39 AM
JK Junkie

Here are a few videos. There was a lot better stuff out there, but we were busy trying to get through stuff rather than trying to capture the magic.

In that first hill climb, that was a 60-70 degree incline. I think I would have been able to get up it if I had the engine power. At times, I could barely get the 3.6 to turn the 40s in 1st and 4lo. I have 5.38 gears and 4:1 case. Looks like it's S/C time.

The cool thing in the videos is watching the struts. Note on the hill climb that they don't unload, yet extend to keep the Jeep level. Freaking love these struts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7796vuOi29Q https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgn6Xfiurog https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHoq1gn2vfY
Old 09-22-2015, 11:48 AM
JK Jedi

Lol the second video made my day. I get it was wet but damn them nittos were struggling to grip up it looked?

Quick Reply: Invest2m4's broke the budget build; tons, 40s and triangles...