Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Invest2m4's broke the budget build; tons, 40s and triangles...

Old 09-22-2015, 11:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Maertz
Lol the second video made my day. I get it was wet but damn them nittos were struggling to grip up it looked?
The nittos were awesome. 10x better than my MTRs. What you can't in that video is that my tire was coated with slick TN mud around the outer edge, the rock was covered in the sand, and the angle that you can't see is that the rock the tire was on was a really steep angle. I knew I had no chance of it sticking. I edited the video to keep it short, but I slide off it once before that, but too far back and had to back out of it. Even if I had stickies, it would have happened. A little part of me hoped it would stick though, hahaha.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:58 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Invest2m4

The nittos were awesome. 10x better than my MTRs. What you can't in that video is that my tire was coated with slick TN mud around the outer edge, the rock was covered in the sand, and the angle that you can't see is that the rock the tire was on was a really steep angle. I knew I had no chance of it sticking. I edited the video to keep it short, but I slide off it once before that, but too far back and had to back out of it. Even if I had stickies, it would have happened. A little part of me hoped it would stick though, hahaha.
Ha that makes more sense i was like damn they dont show that on the commercials lol. But looks good man glad to see it out! I may be ordering tires and air bumps and such soon here also!
Old 09-22-2015, 02:06 PM
JK Junkie

Ha that makes more sense i was like damn they dont show that on the commercials lol. But looks good man glad to see it out! I may be ordering tires and air bumps and such soon here also!
You going to make it out for Fall Freak Fest at Badlands and Redbird? First weekend in October.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:37 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Invest2m4

You going to make it out for Fall Freak Fest at Badlands and Redbird? First weekend in October.
No way ill be ready by then... Tires might not even be here by then and first week of October ill be in Minnesota for work. In all honesty i think im going to put it on stands one more time for most of the winter to get it fully ready for next spring/summer
Old 09-22-2015, 03:52 PM
JK Junkie

No way ill be ready by then... Tires might not even be here by then and first week of October ill be in Minnesota for work. In all honesty i think im going to put it on stands one more time for most of the winter to get it fully ready for next spring/summer
Ah, totally get it. Btw, just sent you a box of these in the mail.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3015070886.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	239.2 KB
ID:	625127
Old 09-22-2015, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Slap some donut spares on that bitch and come out!
Old 09-23-2015, 06:30 AM
JK Jedi

I thought i was past the times of peer pressure lol
Old 09-23-2015, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

This was the best ride I have been on thus far. I wish we would have got pictures of it, but Invest came off a rock and fell about 6 foot! We all shit our pants. It was an incredibly complex obstacle but the struts kept the jeep from flopping on its side. Hopefully some more rigs can make it out next time. Big thanks to Invest and his dad for letting me tag along. I absolutely had a blast.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lol the second video made my day. I get it was wet but damn them nittos were struggling to grip up it looked?
We watched several buggies on Trepador Stickies and they got no where. The rocks and mud here in TN are very slick. Traction doesn't happen if there is the slightest bit of moisture present.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:35 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Pthorpe84

We watched several buggies on Trepador Stickies and they got no where. The rocks and mud here in TN are very slick. Traction doesn't happen if there is the slightest bit of moisture present.
Im still blaming nitto..... Don't ask why

Quick Reply: Invest2m4's broke the budget build; tons, 40s and triangles...