Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Two year circumnaviagtion of Africa in my 2007 JKUR - The Road Chose Me

Old 06-13-2016, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is great information. So many aspects we on the outside looking in would not have guessed. What's your plan to get across the Mediterranean?
Old 06-14-2016, 10:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnNoble
That is great information. So many aspects we on the outside looking in would not have guessed. What's your plan to get across the Mediterranean?
There are multiple car ferries every day from Southern Spain to Northern Morocco.

-Dan
Old 06-14-2016, 12:05 PM
JK Newbie

Definitely following along on your journey! Funny I was just talking to the wife trying to figure out how to budget for a longer trip. Maybe not 2 years but a few months would be nice! Then the next day I saw your post about your book explaining the financial side of it and will definitely be picking that up as I find it interesting and it would be nice to see maybe somethings that you don't expect to be an expense to see really what would need to be saved. Thanks for documenting all of this I can't wait to see the progress!
Old 06-14-2016, 01:38 PM
JK Newbie

Dan, I just went to buy your book on Amazon. Please note that it is $2.99 but it gave me an automatic $2.99 credit so the book was sold to me for free. You may need to contact Amazon and have them fix the error. Also please let me know how I can pay for it. I am excited to read it. Thanks Aaron
Old 06-14-2016, 05:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I can't wait to see this adventure unfold!

Love the tire/wheel combo. I did something similar, with a 2" AEV lift and the KM2 tire in a similar size, for the same reasons. What I found, though, is that the traction is outstanding in all conditions and surfaces except ice. I was especially socked at how these tall and narrow tires do in sand, too.

Godspeed and thanks for letting us live this adventure through you! I offer prayers for safe travel!
Old 06-20-2016, 01:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GhostRHR
Definitely following along on your journey! Funny I was just talking to the wife trying to figure out how to budget for a longer trip. Maybe not 2 years but a few months would be nice! Then the next day I saw your post about your book explaining the financial side of it and will definitely be picking that up as I find it interesting and it would be nice to see maybe somethings that you don't expect to be an expense to see really what would need to be saved. Thanks for documenting all of this I can't wait to see the progress!
I hope you find it helpful! Let me know if there is anything else you'd like to know about.

-Dan
Old 06-20-2016, 01:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Adgreene1
Dan, I just went to buy your book on Amazon. Please note that it is $2.99 but it gave me an automatic $2.99 credit so the book was sold to me for free. You may need to contact Amazon and have them fix the error. Also please let me know how I can pay for it. I am excited to read it. Thanks Aaron
Thanks very much. I think Amazon might have done that because of your account - but it doesn't impact me at all, Amazon still pay me.

Thanks so much for the offer though, that's extremely kind of you.

Let me know what you think of the book!

-Dan
Old 06-20-2016, 01:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dmwil
I can't wait to see this adventure unfold!

Love the tire/wheel combo. I did something similar, with a 2" AEV lift and the KM2 tire in a similar size, for the same reasons. What I found, though, is that the traction is outstanding in all conditions and surfaces except ice. I was especially socked at how these tall and narrow tires do in sand, too.

Godspeed and thanks for letting us live this adventure through you! I offer prayers for safe travel!
Thanks! The tires have been amazing so far, even in slushy snow/sleet in Canada and Michigan a few months back.
I'm looking forward to putting them to the test in sand

-Dan
Old 06-20-2016, 04:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Part 2 of the Jeep build is now live on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW0-sz2bRYY Let me know what you think!

-Dan

Last edited by Grecy; 06-20-2016 at 03:50 PM.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

12,000 miles through the USA, Canada, Belgium, France and Spain has been an amazing preamble. Now it's time for AFRICA.

Ferry tickets in hand

-Dan

Quick Reply: Two year circumnaviagtion of Africa in my 2007 JKUR - The Road Chose Me