Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Am i rubicon ready??

Old 06-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 09rubicon
That is not a fair comparison though, you have never gone out without carnage since I have known you!
Come to think of it... you are right... what are you doing to me!?

Well, my rear locker have been know giving me problems so that don't count!
Old 06-13-2009, 06:53 AM
JK Freak

It took us about 8 or 9 hours plus or minus to get from Loon Lake to Rubicon Springs. We did take our time and spotted eachother through the more difficult obstacles. Oh yeah......and we BBQ'd up some lunch during one of our breaks.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:26 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MBATF
I would give you a firm YES for giving it a go

Remember to bring some W.A.G bags with you.

And hopefully the trail get dry up a bit it was slippery over the weekend we were there.

W.A.G. bags?
Old 06-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Originally Posted by IMFletch
W.A.G. bags?
It is ALMOST a mandatory item to keep the Rubicon and other trails open around here to prevent water contamination.

It can be purchase at most of the sporting good store like

"The WAG BAG Toilet in a Bag waste kit is a biodegradable double bag system made from puncture resistant materials.

Each waste kit includes a zip close disposal/transport bag, a waste collection bag preloaded wiith Poo Powder waste treatment, toilet paper and a hand sanitizer.

Our non-toxic Poo Powder waste treatment treats up to 32 ounces of liquid and solid waste allowing for multiple use. It turns liquid waste to a solid for hygenic and spillproof transport. The Poo Powder waste treatment controls odors and contains a decay catalyst that breaks down solid waste.

The WAG BAG Toilet in a Bag waste kits are biodegradable and approved for landfill disposal. Designed to be used with ThePETT toilet, they may be used by themselves, in a standard toilet, or an RV or camping toilet."
Old 06-13-2009, 08:54 AM
JK Freak

It is ALMOST a mandatory item to keep the Rubicon and other trails open around here to prevent water contamination.

"The WAG BAG Toilet in a Bag waste kit is a biodegradable double bag system made from puncture resistant materials.

Each waste kit includes a zip close disposal/transport bag, a waste collection bag preloaded wiith Poo Powder waste treatment, toilet paper and a hand sanitizer.

Our non-toxic Poo Powder waste treatment treats up to 32 ounces of liquid and solid waste allowing for multiple use. It turns liquid waste to a solid for hygenic and spillproof transport. The Poo Powder waste treatment controls odors and contains a decay catalyst that breaks down solid waste.

The WAG BAG Toilet in a Bag waste kits are biodegradable and approved for landfill disposal. Designed to be used with ThePETT toilet, they may be used by themselves, in a standard toilet, or an RV or camping toilet."
Got it. Thanks. The W.A.G. is much like a B.O.G. (Bad Odors & Gases) system that I have used on river trips for many years.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that was definately way too much information!
Old 06-14-2009, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes You can do it without body damage(s). I did it without any LAST YEAR

This year I mange to bent my slider downwards....
Hey David,
Have you explained exactly how you bent your slider 'downwards'?
Old 06-14-2009, 08:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well from what i have read, this must be your mount everest . have fun and easy-goes-it
Old 06-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Originally Posted by Eugene
Hey David,
Have you explained exactly how you bent your slider 'downwards'?
Hi-Jack on.

Driver side drop off a rock and passenger side slider caught under a rock. Vehicle Flexed and lean left. There goes the P side slider.

Then I got it back like never happen before later on a rock few yards away

Hi-Jack off.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:32 PM
JK Freak

i always wondered what those bags were. to this day i thought they were used to put accross a winch line, b/c the one side looks weighted (to bad its weighted with poo )

not to high jack here but quick ? MBATE what brand of a rack is that you guys have. they are by far my favorite

Quick Reply: Am i rubicon ready??