Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

How should I prepare for Colorado?

Old 07-27-2013, 09:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haut had to replace the transfer case cable. The plastic heim joints on the shift lever and transfer case had disintegrated. I got the Advance Adaptors upgrade kit. It was a PITA to install. Take off front axle, console Transfer case assembly, cables, transfer case yoke. But it was worth it!it has real steel heims. Ready to head out next Saturday!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 02:44 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BuckLisa
I haut had to replace the transfer case cable. The plastic heim joints on the shift lever and transfer case had disintegrated. I got the Advance Adaptors upgrade kit. It was a PITA to install. Take off front axle, console Transfer case assembly, cables, transfer case yoke. But it was worth it!it has real steel heims. Ready to head out next Saturday!!!
Wouldn't think a person has to remove front axle ?! Thinking!!
Old 08-14-2013, 09:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BubbaJK2012

Wouldn't think a person has to remove front axle ?! Thinking!!
I meant front drive shaft! Lol !!! On the Rubi case the yoke has to be removed to gain access to the lever to take off and replace with a sturdier part. On non Rubis: you can change it without removal.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:39 PM
JK Newbie

Default dzine07. how was the trip?

i finally have a new 2014 Sahara and your trip is exactly what my 1st jeeping vacation will be. Yankee Boy Basin to Black Bear Pass to whatever else is out there. How was the trip? Photos? Pros/cons? Looking forward to hearing from you.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:00 PM
JK Junkie

I meant front drive shaft! Lol !!! On the Rubi case the yoke has to be removed to gain access to the lever to take off and replace with a sturdier part. On non Rubis: you can change it without removal.
I know just giving you a hard time
Old 11-23-2013, 10:27 AM
JK Newbie

Default bump

Originally Posted by drplmmm
i finally have a new 2014 Sahara and your trip is exactly what my 1st jeeping vacation will be. Yankee Boy Basin to Black Bear Pass to whatever else is out there. How was the trip? Photos? Pros/cons? Looking forward to hearing from you.
are u out there?
Old 12-03-2013, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

Default Dzine07. how was the trip?

Haven't heard about your Colorado trip. Did you make it?
Old 12-21-2013, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP - how did you fare on your trip? This sounds like an awesome adventure (And one I may duplicate parts if not all of!)

I'll be back in COS this spring and after some slight modification, I'll be looking to venture off the beaten path, and out into the beauty of CO. As mine will not be heavily modified, a route that's stock-friendly is appreciated.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:40 PM
JK Newbie

Bringing this thread back from the dead...I'm going to Ouray in September the day after Jeep Jamboree and staying for a week. Coming from KC Mo myself. A lot of great advice here!! 07 Jku with 33's and 2 inch lift.

Looks like I'll be doing the recommended trails Roger suggested.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Can they easily be seen to check them? I've got a Rubi and I'm wanting to check these before heading to Moab this spring.

Quick Reply: How should I prepare for Colorado?