Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom Ammo Can Sub Box

Old 03-22-2012, 04:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Drop Top
How did you do the jk symbol?
I bought a decal from this website.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's awesome man
Old 03-22-2012, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Very nice willys-style sub
Old 02-08-2016, 06:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RubiKing
I got a hold of a Night Vision Ammo Can type box. I cut a hole in it and mounted the stock speaker in it. I made a bracket for the bottom and the top to hold it. Night vision cans come with a thick foam lining on the inside that I kept. The bass makes a slight wah wah sound when I crank it. Does anybody know what could be causing this sound? I have never made a speaker enclosure before. Everything is tight.

Update: The bottom bracket is just a piece of aluminum bent on one end with holes in it to bolt it to the ammo can. I reused the existing mounting points from the stock sub to bolt it to the jeep. I ended up taking out the foam and lining the inside with MDF board. I just cut 4 rectangles, made a hole in the front one for the speaker face, and a hole in the back for the wires. I then glued it. I reused the existing grommet for the wires. The MDF fixed the resonancing that I was getting. I don't think the original face was strong enough.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Update: I ended up changing the speaker grill for a cleaner look.

Where did you get that subwoofer cover from? What is it called?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Custom Ammo Can Sub Box