Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom modular JK hardtop

Old 08-30-2016, 06:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

I've been wondering what it would look like with half doors and the side panels off. I don't have half doors, but with a little photo-editing I added some. I also "painted" the c-pillar as long as I was making changes.

Actually I do have several sets of half door uppers - one factory set of 4 with vinyl windows, and one set of 4 with glass slider windows, but I don't have any lower doors to put them on. They'd be perfect with the roll-up soft sides :(.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I love the fact that you see this as a hobby and are willing to put in considerable time and resources to pursue this.

I hate the fact that you won't seek a way to bring this to the masses, either by starting a business or selling your designs.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
I love the fact that you see this as a hobby and are willing to put in considerable time and resources to pursue this.

I hate the fact that you won't seek a way to bring this to the masses, either by starting a business or selling your designs.
Doing this as a business would take all the fun out of it for me. It's fun because it's a hobby and I only have to please myself (and in this case my wife, since the JKU is her daily driver ).

I have licensed several dozen of my Jeep/offroad designs to companies over the past few years, including:

- The LJ/TJ version of the Safari Cab hardtop, to Gr8Tops: http://gr8tops.com/shop/jeepmodels/w...b-full-hardtop

- Two fiberglass trailer designs (a Jeep-tub design and a military replica design) to Compact Camping: http://www.dinoot.com/

- This company's entire Jeep product line: http://www.morryde.com/product-categ...ep-accessories

- And pretty much everything this company sells, except for a few Molle pouches: http://www.retrofitoffroad.com/

There are more products I've designed and licensed, but those are the highlights.

What's fun for me is the challenge of designing some new accessory or mod for my Jeeps. If nothing I design ever gets to production, that's fine with me because I get my enjoyment out of the design/construction process and of using what I've designed.

I just don't think there would be enough demand for the JK Safari Cab to make it worthwhile for me to spend the time helping a company get it into production.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I fully understand you here. I think a lot of us are envious of your skills.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As with any "Trail Blazer", gives confidence to other DIYers , "it can be done". Pick up your tools, and start !
It's a Jeep Thing.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2qik2see
Yeah, I really really would love this! Simply amazing..I'm hoping I'll see these available for order.
Smittybilt has a similar top that is on the market right now. Just saw it the other day in the new Quadratec catalog.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Pats fan
Smittybilt has a similar top that is on the market right now. Just saw it the other day in the new Quadratec catalog.
I think the only similarities are that it has 4 Alpine windows and they've given it a very similar name to mine,but it doesn't have any of the other features of my design. Just the other day I posted this comparison: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...1/#post4241849
Old 08-31-2016, 02:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Someone asked me to show them what their Commando Green JKU would look like with a Spice Safari Cab.

Spice looks good with Commando Green...

Outfitted for an expedition...

Last edited by jscherb; 08-31-2016 at 03:06 AM.
Old 08-31-2016, 03:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Outfitted for an overland camping expedition?

Last edited by jscherb; 08-31-2016 at 03:27 AM.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
I fully understand you here. I think a lot of us are envious of your skills.
What he said exactly, I think most of us are just aware our fab skills couldn't produce an end product half as nice as yours. The end product is amazingly well done, and I think those of us who are a bit lacking in the fab department are just lamenting the fact we can't order these :-)

Quick Reply: Custom modular JK hardtop