Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom modular JK hardtop

Old 03-13-2018, 03:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

The HiLift hinge-mount in action.

Old 03-13-2018, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

That grill looks outstanding! I would swap out the stocker for that in a heartbeat.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by icrashbikes
That grill looks outstanding! I would swap out the stocker for that in a heartbeat.
Thank you very much. Still more work to do before I can make the mold and mold a few grilles, but I'm very happy with how it's coming along.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like either the CJ2/3 style turn signals or the one with the rubber grommet. The others have slightly too large of a chrome bezel in my opinion. But excited to see which one you go with as the grill looks outstanding!
Old 03-13-2018, 11:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by LoboMike
I like either the CJ2/3 style turn signals or the one with the rubber grommet. The others have slightly too large of a chrome bezel in my opinion. But excited to see which one you go with as the grill looks outstanding!
Thank you very much. I probably won't decide on the turn signals for my Jeep until I have the first grille molded and fitted on the Jeep; then I'll be able to look at all the options in place on the Jeep to decide.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:08 AM
JK Super Freak

I haven't had time to do the bodywork on the mold master grille yet but this morning I had a few minutes to try a quick test-fit on the Jeep. Fits well, so far everything is going according to design and plan.

Upcoming steps in this project:

- Bodywork the mold master to smooth the parts together; fill the intersection between the outer slots and the headlight buckets.

- Put a final finish on the mold master - epoxy primer, high build primer, 2k clear.

- Make a mold from the master.

- Mold the first actual grille.

Tomorrow I plan to do the bodywork to smooth everything together and fill the intersection between the outer slots and the headlight buckets.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

I LOVE it. I like the way it looks without the signals too, it would be pretty easy to hide some LED strips in the outermost slats or in the bumper somewhere. I don't have much fender left for turn signals..Is this something you're looking to get into production at some point? I don't want to get myself too excited here
Old 03-15-2018, 06:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by icrashbikes
I LOVE it. I like the way it looks without the signals too, it would be pretty easy to hide some LED strips in the outermost slats or in the bumper somewhere. I don't have much fender left for turn signals..Is this something you're looking to get into production at some point? I don't want to get myself too excited here
I haven't decided if this should go into production or not. Once I finish the mold and mold the first one for my Jeep, I'll decide if I'll go any further with the project. I'll either: call it a day and the one I make for my Jeep will be the only one, or I'll mold a few more to sell to forum friends, or I'll see if I can find a company interested in manufacturing and marketing them.
Old 03-16-2018, 06:40 AM
JK Super Freak

The preliminary bodywork on the grille face is done and I applied epoxy primer to it this morning. The new face hasn't been attached to the grille base yet, that's the next step and the two parts will be smoothed together with some bodywork followed by more epoxy primer and then a nice finish. In these photos you can see that I've built the intersections between the outer slots and the headlight buckets, until now there were gaps there.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Yep, that looks sharp. I can't decide which light style I like but the grille looks good

Quick Reply: Custom modular JK hardtop