Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

do you remember your first driving lesson???

Old 01-30-2008, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do you remember your first driving lesson???

[IMG][/IMG]

...my daughter finally wanted to get behind the wheel and learn a little about driving...we took the soft top down and she had a blast...that's a memory you just don't forget...driving lesson in the JEEP!!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 05:22 PM
JK Newbie

That looks like alot more fun than mine. I was 15 and backed the family station wagon into my dads new Corvette.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thats awesome

I remember mine. I was 8 (ya learn early on the farm) It was in my dads old 76 chevy 3/4 ton truck. I was driving and he was watering trees out of a tank in the back.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Talking

Ouch!!! Hit the vette...bet that went over like a turd in a punch bowl!! I was 10, driving a manual '50's model water truck on the farm with the old ignition switch on the floorboard by the gas pedal ...I ran into plenty of things with that...including a ditch I couldn't get out of ...what an adventure!!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's gonna be me in a couple of weeks. My oldest just passed her learner's test. She has to take the drug and alcohol test next week then she gets her permit. After that, I'll be passenger for a while!

My first lesson, as short lived as it was, was in my sister's '73 Chevy truck with a 3 on the tree. A few stalls and an eventual burn out later it was all over.

My first official driving lesson was in driver's ed in WV. Since I was a sophomore when I was, I had to wait until 2nd semester which meant winter time. Our first day out on the road we had several inches of ice and snow and he took us out on Route 19 that has a 9% grade. Yeah, several bricks were shit that morning.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

that's great, and an awesome looking jeep too!

my first lesson was in my brother's saab, putting mile after mile on going around the circle drive when I was about 12.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Wow great memories for sure! I did the same for both of my daughter's. I don't think they will ever forget it, spoiled kids! Worth it though.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by burg54
...my daughter finally wanted to get behind the wheel and learn a little about driving...we took the soft top down and she had a blast...that's a memory you just don't forget...driving lesson in the JEEP!!!!
hey, that's great!

looks a little more fun than my first lesson in my mom's conversion van.

congrats on hitting another milestone in parenthood!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:02 PM
JK Junkie

I remember learning to drive my Dad's F350 Crew Cab, Diesel 5 speed. The thing was huge, but by the time I started the lessons at school, the little cars were a breeze, except for parking. For some reason I've still never parked cars well, but put me in a truck or Jeep and no problem.

My oldest is 9, so I still have a few years, but plan to let him do a little wheeling on easy stuff soon.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:58 PM
JK Super Freak

[QUOTE=FLLawdog;319217]That's gonna be me in a couple of weeks. My oldest just passed her learner's test. She has to take the drug and alcohol test next week then she gets her permit. After that, I'll be passenger for a while!
QUOTE]

wait, you need to pass a drug and alcohol test to get a drivers license in florida??? what bullshit! haha

Quick Reply: do you remember your first driving lesson???