Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!

Old 07-20-2011, 01:52 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by 56willyswagon
Just back from a 19,296km (12,060 mile) expedition across Canada and north to the end of the Canadian Road ...
That's awesome. Love all the photos, too!
Old 07-20-2011, 02:01 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Conagher1851
... been to bar harbor maine ...
Went up there last year because my youngest son was in Troy, NY working on a research project. Picked him up and we visited Acadia NP and climbed Cadillac Mtn (West Face Trail--pretty rugged hike). That made number 42 of the 46 national parks in the lower 48 that we'd hiked, backpacked, camped, paddled and/or four wheeled. Last Sunday we went to Congaree NP, making number 43. Three more to go (Voyageurs, Teddy Roosevelt and Isle Royale). Then all those outside of the CONUS--12 total. Don't know if we'll ever get to those, but maybe next summer if I'm able to make the Alcan trip I will check some off in Alaska. Not certain if he'll be able to go, though.

Home is wherever I hang my hat ...
Old 07-20-2011, 02:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
That's awesome. Love all the photos, too!
Thanks we had a blast. Here is my favorite Jeep with a simple backdrop pic.
Nothing fancy, nothing staged, just pulled over to strech our legs North of Tombstone territorial park in the Yukon.
Turned around to get back in the Jeep and thought Holy ?>:" that is pretty!

By this time we had been on the road for about 3hrs and had met four other cars. I love the North!

Last edited by 56willyswagon; 07-20-2011 at 02:42 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:16 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by 56willyswagon
... By this time we had been on the road for about 3hrs and had met four other cars. I love the North! ...
It took me about six hours to drive from Raton, NM to Kenton, OK a couple weeks back. I took some out-of-the-way roads, including a stretch of dirt road. In that time I must have seen all of a half dozen vehicles. I plan to drive this again in a few weeks. Just a beautiful drive with lots of solitude ...

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 07-20-2011 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Corrected Keene to Kenton
Old 07-20-2011, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

The fourth pic is Capulin volcano, isn't it? Just outside of Greenville, NM. I love that drive between Clayton and Raton. Big. Sky. Country.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:23 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by LJ123
The fourth pic is Capulin volcano, isn't it? Just outside of Greenville, NM. I love that drive between Clayton and Raton. Big. Sky. Country.
Yes it is. And another pic above it shows it on the horizon with three other mountains--that was shot while driving down from Johnson Mesa. But, didn't drive through Clayton. Turned north then east in Fulsome and took Dry Cimarron Scenic Byway. It takes you straight to Kenton, OK, without traveling through Texas. Avoids that extremely boring driving through the TX Panhandle and substitutes a nearly as boring drive though western Oklahoma. LOL.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is there a rack out there that doesn't have to be removed to raise/lower the soft top? I want to get a rack but we ride with the top off alot. We also have sporadic rain down here on the coast so I need to be able to put the top up fairly quick.
Thanks in advance.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepLife101
Is there a rack out there that doesn't have to be removed to raise/lower the soft top? I want to get a rack but we ride with the top off alot. We also have sporadic rain down here on the coast so I need to be able to put the top up fairly quick.
Thanks in advance.
For overlanding I suggest a hard top.. it's a lot easier to find a rack that works with the freedom panels than it is to find one that works with the soft top... especially if the rack is loaded. not to mention the hard top is more reliable, and you can mount stuff on it if needed..

That said, there are several racks that are hinged at the back, and pinned in the front, so you can tip it back to work the soft top.. then drop it back on the pegs, and pin it to keep goin'...
Old 07-20-2011, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

That freedom top is gonna cost too many other mods right now. I am torn between getting a rack and mounting my spare up top or getting a bumper/tire carrier. One of these two options are my next mod. My spare is tipping in at 108 lbs so I have to get it off the gate.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JeepLife101
That freedom top is gonna cost too many other mods right now. I am torn between getting a rack and mounting my spare up top or getting a bumper/tire carrier. One of these two options are my next mod. My spare is tipping in at 108 lbs so I have to get it off the gate.
If you think your spare is heavy on the gate, think what it is like on the roof!

Putting it up there is difficult, taking it down when you need it sucks.

It raises your COG, it causes wind drag and noise, the list goes on and on.

Quick Reply: Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!